(MMBO 2015 Class 1) Delorean DMC-12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Been collecting Ross Apollo parts since the beginning of the summer. Just stripped the frame and was originally planning on doing a complete resto back to it's original color (brownish-copper). After seeing all the great ideas here I got the bug to do something more custom. Personally I think the angular geometry of the Apollo lends itself to a retro-futuristic design which made me think of 1980s clunker sports cars IE the Delorean, Fiero, etc...

Going to paint the frame and start working out the little details to make it DMC-12ish. Prob gonna do some custom wheels with radial laced hubs to mock the Delorean rims. We'll see....

Yeah I was thinking something like that. I also make signs for a living so I was going to do custom Delorean decals for the extra authentisity. Thinking of maybe painting the sissybar and rear fender black to match the rear grill on the DMC-12. I'm no metalworker so it will have to be cleaver but easy customization. In other words I am not planning on fabricating mock gull-wing doors. :bigsmile:

There are very expensive flux capacitor reproductions up on ebay that I will NOT be using. If I can figure out how to make or buy something cheap I will def have to add that somewhere as a nod to Doc Brown.

Ah ha! Two Apollos in the build off...well mines a Duster, but the frames the same.
I like the Back to the Future theme, maybe version 3 with rail wheels....haha welcome to the build off.

Carl.

Very cool. I used to date a girl in high school that drove a Delorean. For a 17 year old kid that car was awesome. Slow as heck but fun!! Man, if that car could talk... Wait! No! I'm glad it can't. :blush:

If you went with a B2tF design... Marty had his trusty skateboard... You could use a skateboard deck in there somewhere... And the truck/wheels for the wheelie bar... Or even the skateboard AS the wheelie bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you went with a B2tF design... Marty had his trusty skateboard... You could use a skateboard deck in there somewhere... And the truck/wheels for the wheelie bar... Or even the skateboard AS the wheelie bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deployabe wheelie bar!!! :eek:

Sorry.... couldn't help myself!!!
back-to-the-future-dashboard1.png

Sorry for no entertaining updates! Finally dropped off the frame to get blasted and painted along with some other customs I am working on. Will have update pictures soon!
Looking forward to seeing it!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back