(MMBO #4 Class 1) - Monstaah's Madness

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking cool!

ok, so I've been having a dose of the lazies of late but decided to pull my finger out a bit today, so here's what we got..

started the morning off with a coat on some bolts for the fork, the chainring got a couple yesterday as well so that's good..

then went to work on bending a NEW set of bars cause I didn't like the radius.. the first set didn't work for me as they were a to square looking so will be going with these..

I've been considering a General star for this thing and reckon this is as good a spot to put it as any..lol.. what ya think fellas?:)

this here is a job I'm not exactly looking forward to but I really reckon it'll make a lot of difference, gotta soak'm in degreaser and clean them up then join the suckers, then (try) sanding and then plan to mask up the inner links and spray the outter links.. let's just say I'm not the sanest lad in my neighbourhood..lol

at least I've managed to get some colour on the bars today, so all in all not the most productive day but better than nothing..

Nice build so far ! , will be watching :nod: for painting the chain , i think you would be better off using a brush instead of masking and spray , or even a small roller since you are painting the razed links, just my 2cents

Wow! Masking and painting a chain, that is extreme!

Love the Pauls Iced Coffee bottle, have not seen one in a while...

Luke.

yeah thought ya might like that one mate..:grin:

Nice build so far ! , will be watching :nod: for painting the chain , i think you would be better off using a brush instead of masking and spray , or even a small roller since you are painting the razed links, just my 2cents

hmmm, interesting idea mate.. definitely gives me something to think about now, appreciate that..:thumbsup:

Looks like you had good weather for your work. I take it you are moving toward Spring down under...?

Looks like you had good weather for your work. I take it you are moving toward Spring down under...?

Hey there OddJob, sorry mate didn't notice this post somehow.. uumm unfortunately I can't answer that question tho..lol.. I can say I know winter has ended of that I'm sure.. my neck of the woods we truly work on 2 seasons Wet & Dry, I can say our cool weather has come to an end and we had our first rain of the season a few nights back, but yeah the weather here is all good here even when it's pouring :thumbsup:

ok, so I kind of need to mock this thing up so I can get to doing the faring I've got planned for this thing but couldn't resist checking out what full pedal power might look like :bigsmile: so here we go..

thanks to this photo I had to go outside and check the difference of the paint between the bars and the frame myself.. I reckon it's just the light and difference in diameter of the frame and bars..

still don't know what I'm doing with photobucket so got the wrong pic but this this'll do as a comparison I guess..:confused:
shows off my sad d.i.y grips so I like this one..lol

yet another photo that was supposed to have been cropped but isn't??? this one is for those that might be interested in how I've got the fork to fit the 180mm head tube when the rods only stretch to 165mm.. so it's a 50mm piece of box section that's had one face cut off ( 4mm thick ), riding inside is a couple slugs of rod I've had tapped so I can wind it all down, it's finicky to do but works rather well. then we've got a couple 35mm bolts on top to meet it all up in the middle, it does unfortunately mean that it no longer works as a springer, but it never worked for me before so I'm not really missing anything..:giggle:

got some other pics here but i'll save'm for later.. now to get busy with the real madness..

Hey there OddJob, sorry mate didn't notice this post somehow.. uumm unfortunately I can't answer that question tho..lol.. I can say I know winter has ended of that I'm sure.. my neck of the woods we truly work on 2 seasons Wet & Dry, I can say our cool weather has come to an end and we had our first rain of the season a few nights back, but yeah the weather here is all good here even when it's pouring :thumbsup:
:21: Ha! I can vouch for Monstaah's reply there, only two seasons in tropical Darwin!

OddJob, spring starts in Australia on September 1, so those of us not in the tropics are enjoying it warming up! ;)

Liking those grips Monstaah!

Luke.

Looks good to me.

Luke.

Thanks fellas..

didn't get very far this afternoon, but more than happy with the way it's going..

neither one of these contours are right yet and the top one is just an off cut that's way to short but helps me dial in where I'm going with it..

:21: Ha! I can vouch for Monstaah's reply there, only two seasons in tropical Darwin!

OddJob, spring starts in Australia on September 1, so those of us not in the tropics are enjoying it warming up! ;)

Luke.
I forget, it's a big country! And like ours, you have warm geographic areas nearly year round, and seasonal climates like us more northern located types. Thanks for the geography lesson!

Those handmade grips are pretty cool. Maybe a set of those made from para cord would work on apocalypse themed bike.

Latest posts

Back