MMMMMM... Burrito's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i have a really silly question for everyone i wanna build a burrito bike but i am not to sure on how to start or how you would classify a burrito... if ne one can give me some idea's and help it would be greatly appreciated....

oh and one more silly question???? why are they called burrito's????

Contact board member OUTLAW (mega cool guy!)

He's been walking me through my new fixation with burritos too.

von, any help i can give just ask. look in other bikes and find my burrito. its very easy to do . so ask away. also on cbn there is a link to post your burrito's here. it has alot of then there. good luck

Outlaw :mrgreen: ya, luv em long an low, thats what i am talkin about

JWSMOCKUPBIKES060.jpg

Greenblazer said:
But the question remains... Why are they called Burrito bikes? I am building one and I don't know why.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

If I recall they come up with the name on CBN. Maybe search it over there. I think it had something to do with being long like a burrito and the Hispanic lowrider bikes/culture.

Greenblazer said:
But the question remains... Why are they called Burrito bikes? I am building one and I don't know why.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

the name came from CBN, They had a poll to choose a name, in short, the burrito is the american response to the mexican lowrider culture.

we had a poll at cbn and someone said burrito, the next thing we know that name won and so as the story goeg we started calling em burrito. yes it has to do with mexican culture, mainly the burrito that you eat. it also makes a better story to someone who has no idea what they are looking at. its best to go to cbn and check out the whole thing. look for what should we call em by kenny p. then look for post your burrito's here also by kenny p. there is also a book of sorts being writtin about the burrito. my burrito is here in this post for those that have no idea what we are taiking about. its not finnished yet but getting close. if anyone needs to know how to build one ask, i have no problem giving out info on these bikes. have fun an enjoy. i have 3 in the works right now an planning a 4th.

VIVA BURRITO'S, now thats what i am talkin about

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Wow this is amzing i am so stoked on buildin one now i have a barn full of old skinny tired race bikes just begging me to cut em up.... and thanks outlaw i am deffenetly going to take you up on that offer of help....every one is so helpful around here i love this site...

von, no problem, i'll be glad to help in anyway i can, just don't ask for money. send me some of those bikes your talkin about, i'll cut em up into burrito's.lol

skoda said:
I thought it was because they were long and low, shaped sort of like a burrito.

i thought it was because they made your stomach hurt and you poop funny after riding it.. :roll: :mrgreen:

that could be true, depends on how much hot sause you drank.lol

if its red(poop), you ate my tires :p

Hey von stans, I don't know if I would call my "kids bike build" a Burrito, I didn't want the pedals to scrape, and it's not super long, but it was the EASIEST bike to build that you can imagine! There are no specifications on my build, but you can follow the transformation from what it was to where it is. I hate to admit this, but, I didn't even use a tape measure or any type of jig. When you are using tubes that slide together (bike and conduit), they line up pretty well themselves. I know, I know there will be people that disagree with this method, but the "PhantomBantam" is absolutely straight. Just take your time lining things up, "tac weld" in place, then if you have to make adjustments, break the tac and line it up where you want it. If I were going to build a number of these I would build a jig. The only tool that I used for measurement was, a grandaughter, to see how far her feet extended, and a piece of "string" from one axle to the other, to see where the height of the bottom bracket would be. The height of the bracket was determined by the string intersecting across the bracket at the halfway point, this way the front sprocket lines up PERFECTLY with the rear cog (single speed, coaster brake). You can get as elaborate and as technical as you want, but make a simple one first to build some confidence. Like I said some people won't agree with this method, but I had fun building it, and oh yeah, I used ONE ten foot piece of "conduit" for a total cost of $6.99. .........I'm no expert, but I hope this helps you! Have fun! 8)

the only way you can see anything is to go to cbn, look for post your burrito's here by kehhy p. also there is a book being written so you need to find that. the burrito movement is getting big and people are doing some very cool stuff to them. when we started out be had a few guildlines to follow but now it is getting to be different. i am sort of hard core so i stay with the basic build that we started out with. just look at some of the bikes start cuttin and do a simple basic one to start, then go all out if you like. my first onne is a girls sears free spirit. i turned the head set upside down to get more rake and put some conduit in. am using the 27" wheels. need help, just ask, more then happy to help anyway i can.

Latest posts

Back