"Modular" tire.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Um... wut?
1602898321110.png

1602898349904.png

Ok, discuss.

Common on transport tires, but I see additional rotating mass as a problem. Wheel weight makes huuuuuge difference on a bike, not so much on a diesel big rig
RetreadingTyres-6.jpg

Also, it is held on with a zipper. That don't seem right
image-asset.jpeg

Too much cost if the zipper is made for several uses.

How about velcro? If you're going serious mudding or offroading, velcro on a big flap of knobby on the slick. Then peel it back off when you ride the street back home.

Last edited:
Too much cost if the zipper is made for several uses.

How about velcro? If your going serious mudding or offroading, velcro on a big flap of knobby on the slick. Then peel it back off when you ride the street back home.
What if you coat your tire in the hook side, then cover the land in the loop side of the velcro. Lots of grip!

That photo reminded me of a Missouri Alligator. On I-70, I-35, I-44, I-55, I-29, I-49, .......... Be Well, RSS.

This time of year if my zipper comes undone it gets veerrrrryyyy windy somewhere. Just sayin'. And by the way one of my nicknames is RustyZipper. Be Well, SS.

The second photo shows the major selling point, they are studded for winter rides. Still, nope...

Latest posts

Back