Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux

You are soooooo right about those skirts!!!!
They just aren't right, Send them to me and I will find a better use for them!!!!

:p :mrgreen: 8)

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux

Don't ya love it when mix match parts come together?!? This bike is Tuff! Yeah and I'm making a list. GTB!! Peace

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/19

Thanks everyone for your comments and your prayers...I really appreciate the community spirit and your support.

Ok, the welding on the skirts is finally done. They were a little challenging to fit, especially the side with the chain guard.
6361bae4.jpg

Originally, the base of the skirtguard was straight across...therefore I needed to match the curve on the top of the chain guard. If you look hard enough in the photo below you can see the faint line of the original bend on the bottom of the skirt.
61753041.jpg

The cross brace was also reworked to allow the fender to fit snug.
bc77d2e0.jpg

I'm now moving on to painting it, but those darn lights on the tank are given me a headache with the design approach. The goal was to create something Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon would have used...futuristic and retro cool! But every time I make a stab with the preliminary design and the paint, I "OD" (over design)! I'm an advocate of simplicity and there's a tendency to overkill with design indulgence on this concept. I've spent the last few days wrestling with paint direction and I'm still not liking what I've done.

Heck, I've got to stop thinking about it...and just do it!

YEAH CUZ IT'S LOOKING GREAT!! GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Looks incredible to me!!!

Gotta love see through skirts!!! :p

Please let me know if you ever decide to sell the crank-sprocket-pedals. I've been looking for them for my 1910 Peerless.
PeerlessBicyclePoster.jpg

VonFink said:
Please let me know if you ever decide to sell the crank-sprocket-pedals. I've been looking for them for my 1910 Peerless.
PeerlessBicyclePoster.jpg

Very observant, however the Pierce sprocket you're requesting is the 1" pitch 3 kidney beans design, I have the 1/2" (speed) pitch. Did you know there are two ads like the one you posted...identical in every way, except for the different pitch sprockets!

Yes, I knew there are 2 tooth patterns. I am looking for a half-pitch. The half-pitch sprocket can be seen in this ad:
1914Peerless.jpg

Anyhow, I am really digging your creation. As folks say "It's on my short list" for best of Build 7.

Marvin approves!!!

12822894398496.jpg

fordsnake said:
So while I was stripping the parts for paint today...I had this thought for the headtube?
617987c9.jpg

...I'm not sure if it'll work?
Over the Top potential...ought to look good with the rest of the bike.

I took the wife to an all day Jazz concert today. I fried my fanny off in the 90º heat...(forgot the sun screen lotion). And what's worst, I really wasn't listening to the music...I had visions of how to finish Mofaux in two weeks? I'll get cranking on it first thing in the morning :)

So are you thinking about doing a frame change from MOFO to MOFAUX?

Latest posts

Back