Momence Illinois

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a quiet little town, where we only have a murder every 75 years or so. 3 Stoplights, 1 Highschool, 1 Jr. High, and one grade school. Named after the Indian chief Momenza. We are the second oldest town in Illinois. These photos are from the Dreamworks movie staring Tom Hanks called Road to Perdition If you watch the movie, every bank that was robbed is right here in good ol Momence. It was cool watching the entire movie process. They took out the stoplights, and painted all of the building in "period" paint, not that there was too much difference afterwards. I even got to have dinner with Tom Hanks thanks to the fact that one of my best friends dad is the mayor. He was a real cool down to earth guy.

Two of the banks that were robbed in the movie are in this shot.
956993654_93fa70b54d.jpg

My favorite Watering hole called the TNT decorated as the "sanitary Luncheon" for the movie. Notice that the entire building is made of Tiffany Brick, wich was made right here on the banks of the Kankakee river. Quite a few of these down town buildings are made of the glass like tiffany brick.
956138667_25b2d20c46.jpg

Our beautiful down down from the movie
956138497_d1a9c8e88a.jpg

The same part of town in an original photo taken by my grandfather a long time ago, just to show not much has changed!
past_pic_04.jpg

Oh yes, I know who that is. He always has his car in our summer festival in August and we have a parade of old cars. This guy and his family are huge V.W. collectors as well.

Latest posts

Back