monarch springer forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody i have a request.if you have pics of a bike with monarch springer forks on it please post them.

Ahh, memories. My good old "Gender Reassignment"
2539595901_04bc673507_b.jpg

I got one. Its on what I consider my muscle bike, well Sting Rays are a bit small for me (Im 6'2", 220 lbs) , so I built this for the Coasters BC, 20" Bike Night theme pub ride last year.

Its a 24" frame of unknown origin with package tray from a garage sale, with an old Monark fork I got from a collector that was downsizing and selling out his spare parts ($25), with front wheel and both tires from an auctioned BMX bike, rear wheel from a garage sale ( thats an aftermarket mag wheel center that replaces the spokes, made in the early 70s, here in Wichita,Ks. ), seat from epay , bent seat post I made, and Hbars with stem from garage sale exercise bike.
Fun bike to ride, because the front tire just floats accross the ground. Maybe I'll paint it this year.
bikes003.jpg

bikes002.jpg

My Monark parts bike has the single type springer. It's shakey, noisey, and I wouldn't give you a nickel for another one. :mrgreen: B607
DSC03248.jpg

sensor said:
B607 said:
My Monark parts bike has the single type springer. It's shakey, noisey, and I wouldn't give you a nickel for another one. :mrgreen: B607
ill give you a dollar for that one :mrgreen:

Not a bad offer as that's about all it's worth. :roll: B607

The finished version of that second bike:

coolmanchu1.jpg

Heres a bike I did way back in the day, no one was using the Monarch forks on a custom application back then. This was long before the repops hit the streets...
sylveeya.jpg

Heres a different bike with a Monarch fork that got extended a whole bunch. Yes I really like this color scheme!
slingsling3.jpg

slingsling4.jpg

I've noticed that a lot of people have moved the rocker plates to the outside of the forks on those re-pop monarch springer front ends. I had to do the same on my forks so that I could get my S-7 hub to fit. I like how you creative folks out there can find all kinds of ways to make those good looking forks fit on all of those cool projects that I've been seeing lately. Just an observation, keep em coming.............. See ya later, T Hall.

Latest posts

Back