monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "KRUSH" almost

At almost 11 on a school day and your still at it?

014.jpg

well its only 10 here.

Turned out awesome 8)
I Love It :!: But, they're never DONE :lol:
Don't ride this one to school whatever you do

wll i rode it. hahah. alot of kids were asking question, and im racing it on friday against restored schwinn. two laps on the track. ive got a techer friend who likes bikes, and hes letting me keep it in his room after what happened to the last one. he said he doesnt mind cause it turned out great. sun light pictures in afew min.

001-6.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

002-6.jpg

the name is going to pe pinstriped and lettered on by my cousin, in more of an olschool lettering.

how may times is to many times to walk your bike home. and again, chain problems. found out there was a bent link, and a loose bolt. tire i guess was over inflated, so i had to let air out to walk it home. :cry: oe day ill get a full ride out of it

snydur said:
how may times is to many times to walk your bike home. and again, chain problems. found out there was a bent link, and a loose bolt. tire i guess was over inflated, so i had to let air out to walk it home. :cry: oe day ill get a full ride out of it

I think the problem could be your rear dropout extensions might be flexing when you ride and causing the chain to pop off. They just don't look strong enough to me. I think you would have better luck if you could find another brake pad like you were using in the mockup. That looked much stronger and I liked the look of it better. By the way the bike looks great even though I was kinda diggin it without the paint. Very cool build either way and it is great to see someone your age that appreciates old bikes.

Flame Jigger said:
snydur said:

I think the problem could be your rear dropout extensions might be flexing when you ride and causing the chain to pop off. They just don't look strong enough to me. I think you would have better luck if you could find another brake pad like you were using in the mockup. That looked much stronger and I liked the look of it better. By the way the bike looks great even though I was kinda diggin it without the paint. Very cool build either way and it is great to see someone your age that appreciates old bikes.

ive been thinking that to (but hoping now), esp when i go round corners, and the chain pops afew liks, then goes back on. i know this metal it the same thickness as the brake pad, but its zinc, not whatever the brake pad it, so itmust be a softer metal. ill just hveto keep hunting for brake pads..

Re: monark "KRUSH" done

002-7.jpg

003-4.jpg

there you are! so this thing would pop off the sprocket, and make a weird noise, then after bout three times of doing it, the chain falls. well, i figured this out on the way home. it is fixed. wish me luck.

snydur said:

This happens to me all the time. I feel your pain.
That's a slick ride.

Re: monark "KRUSH" done enough

well kind of an update. i rode it to school , and back. to the store, and back. taken it off afew jumps (yes, i had to) and riden it hard, and not a single problem. to the next build!

Re: monark "KRUSH" DONE

well after bending the springer because i was effin around, i got it fixed and decided to actually go do what this bike was made for.

018-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

i took afew laps in our local track aka, a huge empty lot that has a tendency to flood and catch fire. so i didnt get to many pics of me actually riding, but it felt pretty awesome. a guy who lives adjascent to the lot said my bike was extremely detailed, and that it shouldnt be outhere in the dirt. but since it was, it was even cooler. he took afew pics with his phone.
011-4.jpg

said track. will definately have to finish another one just to race against and get cool pics.

snydur said:
wll i rode it. hahah. alot of kids were asking question, and im racing it on friday against restored schwinn. two laps on the track. ive got a techer friend who likes bikes, and hes letting me keep it in his room after what happened to the last one. he said he doesnt mind cause it turned out great. sun light pictures in afew min.
One advantage of living in a rich neiborhood... No rich kid would even think to steal a ratrod mabye a haro or specialized.....

Re: monark "KRUSH" done enough

snydur said:
well kind of an update. i rode it to school , and back. to the store, and back. taken it off afew jumps (yes, i had to) and riden it hard, and not a single problem. to the next build!
Nice...

Latest posts

Back