Monark Mega/Sunlite DeLuxe/Kai Cheng Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone used the Monark Mega Fork? I don't know if it's made by the same people that make the other Monark repro springer forks or not.

http://www.pistonbikes.com/Monark-Springer-Mega-Fork-p/msfmeg.htm

megafork.jpg

Re: Monark Mega Fork

Looks like the Felt fork. Would be interesting to see if the quality is up to snuff.

They are out of stock everywhere, I am going to proceed with my build with TT's and continue to look for a set and add them later. They are made by Sunlite, no one has them, found one in San Antonio at Blue Star Bikes. They have the 1" Threaded, I need 1 1/8 Threadless of course!

doshounds said:
They are out of stock everywhere, I am going to proceed with my build with TT's and continue to look for a set and add them later. They are made by Sunlite, no one has them, found one in San Antonio at Blue Star Bikes. They have the 1" Threaded, I need 1 1/8 Threadless of course!

I'll probably do the same but I'm not starting for a while.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It is the same fork as the Felt Abraham Linkage springer...definitely made by the same manufacturer.

I had one (sold it to Henry Morgan last week) on my Felt cruiser and it's a very nice fork.

I'll ask Joe at Motostrano when he thinks more will be coming in.

The main difference I see from the Felt fork is the brake mounts. I plan on running a front roller or drum.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not having seen either in person, what makes this one a "Mega Fork" compared to one that's not? I'm going to be needing one for my BO9 bike.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Not having seen either in person, what makes this one a "Mega Fork" compared to one that's not? I'm going to be needing one for my BO9 bike.

If you look at the more common reproduction Monark forks - http://www.monarkforks.com/ you can see that it's beefier. The other ones are more of a true reproduction with the main fork designed like the originals. There have been some problems with the reproductions breaking but they've refined them. I've never had one so can't give an opinion on their current designs. As others have said, the Mega Fork looks to be made by the same people that made the Felt Abraham Linkage fork. I would take either one for my project. I haven't seen anyone complain about the quality of the Felt fork.

Okay, thanks NG. I had heard about problems with one or more of them but never heard anything else.

NicksGarage said:
Chips_Mahoy said:

If you look at the more common reproduction Monark forks - http://www.monarkforks.com/ you can see that it's beefier. The other ones are more of a true reproduction with the main fork designed like the originals. There have been some problems with the reproductions breaking but they've refined them. I've never had one so can't give an opinion on their current designs. As others have said, the Mega Fork looks to be made by the same people that made the Felt Abraham Linkage fork. I would take either one for my project. I haven't seen anyone complain about the quality of the Felt fork.

Re: Monark Mega Fork - Sunlite - Felt

Today I got to check out a Felt Abraham Linkage fork and a Sunlite Springer side by side. They're both made by Sunlite but the Felt version is slightly narrower. The Sunlite branded one will work with 80mm rims and 3" tires. The Felt one is too tight. The extra width is at the top of the fork.

sunlite_forks.jpg

Last edited:

Just to clarify: "Sunlite" doesn't make anything. Sunlite is just a catchall, generic name that JBI gives to many of the cheap goods they sell, when the actual manufacturer's name doesn't offer much marketing appeal.

Bicycle808 said:
Just to clarify: "Sunlite" doesn't make anything. Sunlite is just a catchall, generic name that JBI gives to many of the cheap goods they sell, when the actual manufacturer's name doesn't offer much marketing appeal.

Sorry for misleading anyone. LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to a member here I now have the fork. Also bought these wheels and tires to mock things up since I don't have mine built yet. Next project is to get a fender to work and finish up the design of my frame.

feltwheels11.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back