MONGOOSE BEAST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
beast1y.jpg

beast2y.jpg

Very cool !, did you change the Chain ring also ?

RafaeL

Just a stocker for now, but I have a Schwinn Spoiler disc hub for the back and will be changing forks to add disc brakes to the front in the future. I just don't care for coaster brakes in trails and snow.
photo.jpg

Those bikes are sick. I would love to see a nice chopper fork and a 26 x 2.125 up front. That would be a cool dragster build.

Here is FAT FINK I.
I had to return it because fo BB issues, but FAT FINK II is on the way.

WP_001456.jpg

My beast got here, I like it! it was double boxed and in excellent shape! No scratches bends or dents.I removed the decals and repacked the headset and front hub, all else was tip top from the box. Its not a fast rolling bike, far from it! I went down hill, stood up and crank those cranks arms hard! Then I stopped pedeling and the bike slowed down......going down hill! LOL! but it is a great slow cruisin' Beast! KEEPER!

ilikebikes said:
...Your front wheels on backwards, check the the "directional" arrow on the side of the tire. ;0)

I did the same thing, I didnt realize until I was staring at the pic I had just put up :lol:

this is true, but...
these fat tires have a larger diameter than even a 29er mtb
these tires have higher rolling resistance than mtb tires
and
this bike weighs nearly 50 lbs.

i have been trying different ratios on my geared 29er to see what ratio is juuuust right. for a nancy like me, on trails with some steeeep sections, 32x23 looks about right. i ain't trying to win the tour de france, i'm trying to avoid pushing this hog up a steep hill.

Gear Inches are the true equation.

Even so, 32x16 for non-trail riding isn't that bad on those uber-fatties.

I cruise around on 92+ gear inches on my town bike/taproom runner and just avoid any prolonged hills I can't get a run at.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who practically lives on a bicycle and always remember the sage quote from Miller in Repo Man.

Otto: You don't even know how to drive.
Miller: I don't want to know how. I don't want to learn. See? The more you drive the less intelligent you are.

Latest posts

Back