Monson Swap Meet: Pics and Stories

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HD good time today, COLD as HE Double Hockey stix, but other than that had a good day. Bought/trade with HVDave for the Shelby Airflow frame and sold a bunch of wheelsets and Fenders and, oh yeah even a front Stainless Steel raingutter fender sold, LOL.

Next year maybe the Swap will be in April, but maybe even that won't guarantee warmer weather.

Joe

Awesome bike there Stevil!!!
IMG_0337_zpsebae65ba.jpg

I wanted to go, but couldn't arrange my schedule to allow for the five hour round trip.
Instead I went to a local swap meet, a complete waste of time.
Next time for sure, live and learn. Looks like a good time was had by all! :D

anyone know if the elgin frame in the first pic sold? I drooled on it then went inside to look around when I came back out it was gone...

Walker said:
About the show. it was cold. Always nice to meet up with the gang and talk about the one that got away.

Went home with fewer bikes than I came in with which is a good thing. Sold the all red columbia moto bike with tank right as I was loading it up to go. Come to think of it, I sold 4 bikes while unloading and one while loading up. Gave some stuff away to some happy people. Tried to give a frame/fork away to schwinnray but aparently he's smarter than I thought...

As always, would have been nice if there was more pedestrian traffic so it's not just a bunch of sellers trying to sell to sellers.

Thanks Walker :mrgreen: Did you end up selling that frame?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ ... 33ab1b.jpg <------ thats the bad boy 8)
I was drooling over this red/white/black one with truss forks and rack. i talked myself into and out of getting it twice. i was wicked close to crossing the street to the atm.

reason i left it behind was because i needed parts to finish the projects ive got going already, and not to get another whole bike. ( yeah, like that ever worked before :wink: )
im not sure if im kicking myself or not :lol: it was a really cool 24 incher though. AHHHHHHH :mrgreen:

wow looks like a great time. Nice work Dan on winning that trophy. Well deserved. That bike does kick butt.

Here we go! :mrgreen:

RRBPhoto_zpse9c88dc5.jpg

Had to get rid of the non-RRB member who decided to get in our pic :lol:

Did the Shelby exercycle sell? If so how much? if not Is it someone here who is selling it?

Thanks
Tom

There was one bike there that Im having some regret about not buying and its haunting me. I balked at it since the asking price was double what Ive ever spent on a bike and I felt that if I was going to break the 4 digit barrier on a bike I better make sure its the right one :? I guess I'll just need to see if it shows up at Copake and make a decision then :mrgreen: Anyone else going to Copake?

Brian, I've droped 4 digits+ on at leat 3 bicycles, no regrets so far. None of them were old but two wheels is two wheels :D. First was a 1992 Specialized S-works M2 with full xtr & custom wheels with ti spokes and campy rims and some other upgrades that I bought just about brand new for $1,500.00, at the time I drove a $500 VW rabbit. The Moots was next and I must have over 1k in my Kona hei-hei. I'm sure my Dayton tandem will cost a bundle to restore but it's a family treasure so why keep track :D. Nobody is making antique bikes currently so they could be considered an investment......

Latest posts

Back