Monster Cross Juncker Junker Klunker Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
The sun came out today so I snapped pictures. I wanted to get some pictures on the Pioneer Trail but I got a pinch flat and took these pictures on my 4 mile walk home. Stan's sealant works for gravel but this trails was just too rough. This bike is not up to rough rock gardens. Should have known better. All fixed now.

DSCN0244.JPG

DSCN0240.JPG

DSCN0245.JPG

DSCN0246.JPG

DSCN0248.JPG

NICE transformation! Looks great.

That is one great looking bike!
This is the only bike I have built that every time I ride it I get raves. A lot of people stare or if they don't know bikes give it a glance. I also get "what the heck kind of bike is that? Looks like it doesn't know what it is". I have even gotten a few laughs from old timers. Some think I made the head badge or repainted the name to say "Juncker". It looks way better viewed in person than the pictures, which is a little strange. I guess I hit a nerve that all sorts of different bikers identify with, but leaves them a little confused. The gravel riders are the only ones who guess what it is for but since there is no class for a single speed in our gravel grinders, it leaves them wondering why I ride it. No one seems to really get it but I like it a lot. Just trying to keep the Klunker ethos alive. Gives me an excuse to explain what a Klunker is as 90% of mountain bikers don't know the origin of their sport.

Last edited:
I dig the drop bars, makes it stand out from the crowd.

Video of me test beating the Monster cross tires (40 MM). The first trail is a short section of the Harlow Farms Connector Trail, then a part of Well Field Road, then part of the Grey Walls Section of the Pioneer Trail (single track, gravel, single track). Easy parts of the trails but maximum for my conditioning, age, brakes, narrow tires and the single speed road gearing. A lot of the ride required standing to pedal and pulling and pushing on the drops. The pre WWI design rear brake sure do holler. I tried but couldn't toe them in to quiet them down. At about 17 minutes or when my app says I went 9 miles a deer runs along with me. I couldn't figure out how to use the youtube editing tool to clip it to shorten it up. I just turned on my camera on my helmet and rode until the camera stopped.
Mountain biking in Marquette, Klunking, South Trails

Last edited:
So, when I click on your link to youtube, it connects me to my youtube channel. Unless you publish it for 'public' it will only be visible to you. It thinks it is on my personal channel, that's why it brings up only my stuff and not the public youtube.

Nice work on the build! You've def got one unique rat there. It makes me want to do a gravel rat in the near future! :41:

So, when I click on your link to youtube, it connects me to my youtube channel. Unless you publish it for 'public' it will only be visible to you. It thinks it is on my personal channel, that's why it brings up only my stuff and not the public youtube.

Nice work on the build! You've def got one unique rat there. It makes me want to do a gravel rat in the near future! :41:
It's public but this new computer is giving me fits. Ill look again to make sure I didn't somehow change it by accident. Looked, it's public but it was much harder to publish than my last computer. I can't find it on Youtube either so something is goofy.

Being an avid "roadie" myself, I can see me riding this beauty in my cycling group rides. Slap some Zipp 404 carbon wheels with 700c x 25 tires on it and I'd be good to go in style!!
Awesome!!

Cool concept l like it came out sweet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Klunk/Bomb/tanker. Looks like you have had fun riding it as well. That neck is one of my favorite details.

That trail looks like a blast. Glad to see you enjoying the bike.

Great work![emoji106] [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back