• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne parts and handlebars for sale/trade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up for sale or trade are some of the original parts from my 1950 Snyder-build Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne Dumpster Diamond and a couple other parts and pieces. Among them are the original skip tooth sprocket, the original crank arm and hardware, the original seat, the original 26" wheel and tire, a chain guard that I believe is for a 24" Hawthorne, and 2 handlebars. I'm willing to sell or trade everything separately or as one lot. Local pickup in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma preferred, but will ship anywhere in the continental United States.
DSC_0117.jpg

The handlebars with the white grips painted burgundy are from a 1979 Schwinn Fair Lady.
They are 26 inches wide from end to end, and they are 12 to 12.5 inches tall. SOLD
DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

These handlebars with one green grip are about 24 to 24.5 inches wide, and they are 10 to 10.5 inches tall. There are also a few dents and some rust spots on the backside. The grip is falling apart at the end. SOLD
DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

The sprocket and crankarm are both off the same 1950 Snyder-built Montgomery Ward Hawthorne, while the chain guard is possibly from a smaller, 24" wheel-size bike.

The sprocket is 7 and 1/8th inches wide from cog to cog. $15 + shipping
The crank arms are 7 inches from the tip to the center of the crank. $5 + shipping, includes hardware
The chain guard is 23 inches long, about 4.5 inches tall, and 1.5 inches wide. $10 + shipping
DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

The wheel is a 26 inch wheel from the same 1950 Snyder MW/H bike as the other parts, though I don't know if it's original to that bike. There are no rust holes from what I can see, and the red strips are even still somewhat visible on the rim. It has a New Departure single-speed coaster brake with a skip tooth sprocket. No idea if it's any good or not, but it does spin freely at least. The tire and tube are both completely shot, but they'll come with the wheel anyways. $20 + shipping
DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

The seat is also off the same 1950 Snyder MW/H bike as the other pieces. It's pretty rusty, but I didn't want to throw it away as I figured someone might still want it. It's 9 1/4 inches wide, 10 3/4 inches long, and 4.5 inches tall. $5 + shipping.
DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Last edited:
Update, since I can't edit the post or thread anymore: The wheel and handlebars have already sold, but the crank arms, skiptooth sprocket/chainring, seat, and chain guard are still available. Here are the new prices for what's left:
Seat: $5
Chain guard: $5
Sprocket and crank arms: $10 together.

Latest posts

Back