Mooneyes Shop Bike (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mooneyes Shop Bike

HuffDaddy said:
I like #1 too. I need to work on it a little, a couple of the letters aren't right yet.

Critter1 said:
HuffDaddy said:
Working on a mooneyes badge for the frame too. Might look like one of these.

Not sure how I'll make it, maybe a sticker in the center of a oval piece of thin aluminum with the black outline being polished aluminum.
I had axspul make a brass head badge.

Now , should I paint part of it?

Badge turned out sweet!
I would probably paint the recessed part yellow.

I will have to keep watching this one.
Met the guy from Mooneyes japan a few years back when he was in Australia for an old Toyota crown show and hot rod show at the Gold Coast.

Then moon radio tip he gave out then wore out so I can't pass it on to you.

Like the head badge as well.

Very nice headbadge.

I've been working on the rear fender. The tire and fender are a tight fit in this frame.

I'm going to cut the at the bottom and make a spacer bracket to lower the fender a little.

And last, the seat cover is done. Time to put the seat back together.

Can't wait to get the tank sides done.

Glen said:
Nice seat :shock:

Would love to see the rest of what it is sitting on 8)
Thanks. That's my '69 Chevy truck. There's a photo of it in the first section of this build. The pin striping was added after that picture was taken.

I need to pick up the pace, I'm running out of time.

I finish modifying the lowing end of the fender today at lunch.

These hole cutter are pretty cool. Didn't know if it would on a curved surve, but it did!

Finished the wood tank form yesterday, so it's really for the gold metal flake vinyl.

When it's ready, I'll put a couple screws in the bottom, up through the spacers in the middle to hold it in place.

I've never seen a whole cutter like that. I wouldn't mind having one. Does it come as a set with different diameter cutters?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I've never seen a whole cutter like that. I wouldn't mind having one. Does it come as a set with different diameter cutters?

I think I got it through Eastwood and yes there is a set. I think there were (4) different sizes if I remember right, 5/8", 3/4", 1" & 1 1/4". They work great for sheetmetal, even w/ the curve in my fender.

Wow, great job on the tank! Looks right at home on the bike :wink:

I cut my little spacer bracket out of 1/8" aluminum today.

Wet sanded all the scratcthes out of it and polished it. Sand the skin off one of my finders too. ouch!

Latest posts

Back