MOSER LEADER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My "Colnago" badged Moser "Leader". Photos from pre-virus; I have finished the build but haven't taken new photos with the crappy phone camera. Does anyone know specifically what version of Leader this is? I have yet to see that BB shell on another one. Year is unknown also, assuming late '80s. It's hard to see, but the fork crown has the "51.151" designation, and the brake bridge has the stylized "arrow". I have seen that same "arrow" cut out and the "FM" cut out on the BB shells of other Leader models. Uses Oria "ribbed tubing on top and down tubes. I believe Silva BB shell. If anyone has any ideas as to what variant please educate me, thanks.

Take care,
Jesper

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind blown by that cool paint job!
Yeah, it is a cool paint job. Problem; it's on the wrong frame. I got it this way from Italy; not sure if it was due to a race team sponsorship (common to rebadge race bikes in Europe), or done just on a whim. There is no Colnago frame that looks like a Leader, especially with the extended seat tube having no binder/clamp built in; it takes a "quill" style post, like early stems. Just about every color was used, and heavy coats. The fork marking is nearly indiscernible, and the Oria shaped tubing is hard to see also. It is an outstanding ride and has gone through a few component changes with me. I don't have any new complete build photos; it's at my other house and I'm not travelling up to New England for awhile!
It is a very good ride, light and nimble. It tests people's knowledge; if they say nice Colnago, I know they are not familiar with either marque.

Reactions: horsefarmer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's just badged as a Colnago? Because that does not look like one of their frames
It is a Moser all the way. Painted by someone before he acquired it; the honest seller did not try to "pull a fast one" on me, but I know my Colnagos as I have a few from the mid '70s through to late '90s. It is a quality paint job, except for some of the lettering/logos were airbrushed/sprayed with a stencil (if used) and not fully contacting the tubing, thus a slight misty overspray; not too noticeable though. It does turn a head or two, but as a solo rider it's been seen more on forums than on the roads/trails that I regularly travel. I'll try to get a photo posted of its present build when I can travel again. Hospital is keeping me from travelling, I would have to go into automatic 2 week quarantine if I leave my area.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles