"Most over done trend?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...what are you sick of seeing? :D What trend in modifying has you going... "ugh...another one?" Flat black paint? Ape hangers? Slammed saddles? Skulls? I know, some of you are saying..."hey, I have all of those on my bike!!" :lol: Those are just examples, but I want to know what YOU think...

So, in your opinion...What`s getting old?

skulls :x there are way too many out here in califronia on stuff.though not too many on this forum.i put them on nothing

We had a pretty good run on flipped handlebars for a while, but I'm assuming all of the sore backs and necks took care of that trend...ha ha! :lol:

I think it is chains! Everybody is jumping on the bandwagon and putting a chain on their bike as a driveline. Iwish for once someone would use a really big rubberband or something. Go really, really old school and ride their bike Flintstones style> :roll: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Tires...everybody is putting tires on their bikes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't resist :oops:

seats are so over-rated and over done! i mean, who wants to sit down anyway? :lol:
but really, flat black, red wheels, and whitewalls. its cool but its too over done. bikes, cars, motorcycles. drives me nuts. :?

yeshoney said:
Go really, really old school and ride their bike Flintstones style> :roll: :lol:

Flinstones...........hmmmmmmm! I've got the wheels for the build leaning against the fence :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
We had a pretty good run on flipped handlebars for a while, but I'm assuming all of the sore backs and necks took care of that trend...ha ha! :lol:

+1 but add the quote "Look, I built a boardtracker", and all that was done was flipping the bars, wouldn't even vote for a bike in the last 2 build-offs if the bars were flipped.

Rat Rod said:

Quoted for truth! Every time I see a bike with the handlebars flipped I just think, what were they thinking, do they not know their handlebars are upside down?? lol If a bike was meant to be like that why not just steer with pegs off the axles?

Rat Rod said:
My thoughts exactly since day one. However, it can't be beat in the cost/coolness ratio.

SimpleMan said:
I've got the wheels for the build leaning against the fence :mrgreen:

or you could use them to make one of these...
sandstone_grinder.jpg

SimpleMan said:
yeshoney said:
Go really, really old school and ride their bike Flintstones style> :roll: :lol:

Flinstones...........hmmmmmmm! I've got the wheels for the build leaning against the fence :mrgreen:
Never bent a granite fork before.........But hey, I'm willing to give it a try.

Add another to the "too many flat black/red rims/whitewall" brigade. That was played out two years ago, but I still see it being done more often than I'd like. Plenty of $70 Wal Mart Huffys getting a coat of $4 rattle can flat black, and being listed on Craigslist for $120.

I think nothing is cooler than an old cruiser turned " rat rod " but, still using the original bars in the original position. You are giving the bike a new look or second, third, or fourth life, ( depending on who owned it before you ) yet, leaving the cool old bars on it. I think flat black is over-done. I saw Dr. T mention taking a bike down to raw steel and clear coating it. I think I'd like to see more of that and will probably do a few of my rats in the future that way. I think it would be cool to see the whole bike raw. Everything on it, even the wheels. And plain old white walls. :wink:

Latest posts

Back