Moto-Muscle. Done!

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Well, the build off is starting soon, and I cant wait any longer to post the idea! I have had this Target Moto-Bike for about 6 months, I was primarily using it as my "party bike". I put an ihome in it, some light up valve caps, and some bmx bars. Now, i feel the need to change it up a bit. This build off was the perfect excuse!

This is how it was:

It should be fairly simple to lower it, put on a longer fork, and find some ape hangers. here is how it looks without the shock:

Not to bad! I'm planning on putting something like a piece of wood or a tube in place of a shock, to keep it low.

So I am limited by my teenage bank account, and my inability to weld, but otherwise, Give me some suggestions!

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Re: [Muscle Bike Build-off] Moto-Muscle!

I'm looking to do all 3, as long as the the existing seat counts as a banana seat!

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO

AAAAHHHH I cant wait much longer! I got some apes, a sissy bar, and a longer, rigid fork today. So exited!

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO

It has BEGUN! Instead of using a plank of wood as the shock replacement, I decided to modify a bit of an old seatpost. It'll be much stronger, and look a lot better.
Here it is:

Pilot holes drilled:

Now to crush it a bit to fit in between the mounts.

Whats really funny about this frame is the complete lack of limiters or safety measures. the wheel will easily move this far:

Now its mounted:

This is how it sits:

The tire clears, but once you sit on it, the plastic frame bends, and rubs really bad.

I dont want to raise it at all, so I'm going to have to modify the frame a bit.

More updates soon!

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO

Yep! Im buying a longer fork with much more trail today as well. it should give me a bit more pedal clearance, even though I will get shorter cranks anyway, so I can, you know, pedal. :D

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO

Ok, so I took off the Plastic cowl bit, And it looks WEIRD! But it brings up a possibility. How do you guys think it will look with just a banana seat attatched at the top Mount hole to a sissy bar in the back?

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO

So I got the fork today. It looks good with the bike! I will obviously cut off the brake mounts and repaint it, but thats all after I mock it up.

I think I'm going to use just the padded seat portion of the fairing, and have it span across the mounting hole on the blue part, to the sissy bar I have for the back.

This is my awesome photoshop skills at work:

The sissy bar:

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Got the fork on; I also got a fit FAF tire from a friend to use on the rear. It is a 2.35 white wall, and it looks great!

Just clears the chainstays.

Put a skinny 1.85 on the front and got the apes installed. looks pretty good!

Now I just have to work out how to mount the seat.

Sep 2, 2013
Denver, CO
GuitarlCarl said:
Maybe swap that solid tube you put where the shock was...
with a longer curved tube pinched in the right spots to mount the same way...
with the curve extending up to the seat mount... ( just thinkin' out loud :) )
I might try that later, but for now, I think I will use the silver mounting thingy from the fairing to mount the seat. It looks pretty right and the seat is at a good angle.

The really hard thing is going to be mounting the sissy bar with the disc brake in the way. The caliper is directly above the axle!