MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole build is freaking awesome can't wait to see the end product. Very cool stand I like how it matches the bike with the truss style braces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got the last piece done today before I can start the tins. I was kinda worried that the seat plate and support bar wouldn't be strong enough, but it turned out way stronger than I expected.:grin:
But first I made sure everything was nice and straight...ish

Tacked and still straight...

Then I held my breath and went for it.

Not very pretty, but I think it should be plenty strong.

I couldn't help myself so I threw a chain on and finally went for my first ride around the parking lot:dance2: It felt very sturdy all around and the seating and hand position wasn't bad at all. Only the steering felt a little strange because of the rake I gave it...

This should be the last picture I post with all the cardboard because I'm picking up my sheet metal tomorrow! Oh and Im definitely not doing scallops on the tank in case you are wondering.

That's it for today, thank for looking!

The overflow tube is a nice touch. :cool2: I love the small details.
MotoDromo%20Special%20II-146.jpg

Thanks, Im all about the details:crazy: Just a nod to the factory gp race bikes of the 70's

This whole build is freaking awesome can't wait to see the end product. Very cool stand I like how it matches the bike with the truss style braces

Thanks:thumbsup: The stand was more than strong enough without them, but I couldn't help myself...

Looking good man , do you plan on painting it or will it be raw & clear coat ?

Gonna be on of the cleanest motorized builds ever!
Can't wait for the sheet metal!

Looking good man , do you plan on painting it or will it be raw & clear coat ?

Thanks! A bit of both, I'm thinking of keeping it mostly bare metal but maybe with some AMF style stripes on the tins.

Love the profile shot, such a wicked stance.
Thanks:thumbsup: Mean stance was one of my main goals:grin:

Gonna be on of the cleanest motorized builds ever!
Can't wait for the sheet metal!
Wow thanks:blush: Ill definitely be having a few late nights if I want to finish the bike in time of Shiny Side Up on the 26th:eek:

Finally got my sheet metal! 4x2foot of 22gauge cold rolled steel:grin:

After a LOT of measuring because the cardboard was a rough mock up, I got my tank sides cut...

Then some nice clean bends in the brake...

And so it begins:crazy: That's all I had time for today, but the next few days I should be able to hit it full tilt:thumbsup: I still have a lot to do with only 2 weeks left:eek:

Thanks for looking!

So I got a few good hours of work on the tank today and I'm really happy with how its coming along.
I cut and bent the top piece and spent a good amount of time making sure I had as perfect of a fit as I could get.

Then I figured it would be smart to cut and tack in the gas filler neck while it was just a strip of steel.

First official tank tack!:grin:

A couple more...

Finally starting to look like something resembling a gas tank:grin:

I couldn't help myself so I threw the tank on the bike and I can finally see my crazy vision starting to take shape.

Because the tank is so narrow (3" at the seat and 5.5" at its widest) I think I'm going to fully box the tank first, and then cut out the 1" section for the top tube and then weld the tunnel. It might take a little longer but I think it should be easier in the long run and should have a cleaner outcome...hopefully.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get most of the tank finished.
That's it for today, thanks for looking!

Stealth fighter jet cool!!!
That looks sooooo much better than cardboard every could!:p
You just keep bumping that coolness meter up!

I thought the same thing, steath fighter. Beautiful work

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Most definitely better than cardboard,very sleek. Just don't forget to test it for leaks when you finish,would hate to find out it leaks when filled with fuel.

Latest posts

Back