MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! But Shiny Side is fast approaching :eek:

I do motorized too. Where did you get that cool velocity stack?
I got a few at a GoodGuys swap meet a while ago. Apparently they were from a competitive Indy Car:cool: I still have to modify them and make a custom adapter to get them to fit the carbs tho...

Hey yall, I managed to get a little bit of work in today and I decided on my front brake:) I was thinking about disc brakes but instead I went with this cool old Sachs drum that ill most likely clean up and paint.

Another idea that has been brewing for a while is a brake duct like the old race and gp bikes. Well I found a perfect duct in a spare gas tank from the motorized bike kits:dance2:

After thinking about what kind of mesh to use for the duct opening I went through my scrap metal pile and went with whatever this is called:grin:

Mocked up Im really diggin the look but I still want to play around with the placement, and im still not sure if Ill try and make it functional:rolleyes:

That's it for today. Thanks for looking!

Brilliant!!!

I did some cleaning up today and managed to strip the paint off most of the swing arm.

Something Ive been putting off was smoothing these tabs from the original brace...

Done...

Next I wanted to tackle what to do with these...

So I did this:happy:

I filed it all smooth but I didn't like it much so I filled it with welds and starting grinding with a flapdisc.

After more grinding and filing I added some more welds around it for a clean look. Smoothing is a real rabbit hole so I called it quits and this is what I ended up with.:grin:

That's it for today. Thanks for looking!

I can't lie, I really dig this bike. That swingarm reminds me of when I was young and stupid, when my friends and I would hang under the rail bridge over the river as the train crossed.

Yea lost boys was huge and we were dumb kids. Do not ever under any condition try that at home, it's much better to live long enough to remember when you were young and stupid.

That being said, I know where I'm putting a vote.

I can't lie, I really dig this bike. That swingarm reminds me of when I was young and stupid, when my friends and I would hang under the rail bridge over the river as the train crossed.

Yea lost boys was huge and we were dumb kids. Do not ever under any condition try that at home, it's much better to live long enough to remember when you were young and stupid.

That being said, I know where I'm putting a vote.

Thanks! That's awesome!:thumbsup: I'm really happy I was able to bring back a good memory:grin: I think we've all done something stupid like that... boys will be boys after all. And thanks for the preemptive vote:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like using the sand paper grinder disk they leave a nice finish on the metal
cabe2183b70fcd14a8e78f00eecc4577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back