Motorized bike question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting close to ordering a motor kit but I have a fuel take question. Does the fuel supply have to be located above the carb? Meaning does the carb pull enough vacuum to bring fuel up if the bottom of the tank is lower than the carb. Got a couple ideas for a tank that is located lower on the bike.

Dang that sucks. I really don't want to put a tank on my top tube. Maybe I can do something on a rear rack that will look ok.

Engines with a diaphram carb, like the 4 stroke 49cc Huasheng, and most weed eater motors, will suction fuel into the carb. The HT (China Girl) 2 strokes require that the tank be mounted above the carb,
images

2771_large.jpg

I used a tank that mounts behind the seat. You can find these pretty easy on ebay. The tank is the round tube under the seat with the straight shot aluminum tube to the carb. The silver canister above the engine is a boost bottle that does not do too much besides look kinda cool. The tank is a little smaller and has about a eight mile capacity.

webside_zpsdfa99801.jpg

roundtank_zps611b9a6c.jpg

I used a tank that mounts behind the seat. You can find these pretty easy on ebay. The tank is the round tube under the seat with the straight shot aluminum tube to the carb. The silver canister above the engine is a boost bottle that does not do too much besides look kinda cool. The tank is a little smaller and has about a eight mile capacity.

webside_zpsdfa99801.jpg

roundtank_zps611b9a6c.jpg
This is kinda what I had in mind. I originally wanted to build a tank between the down tube and the rear wheel but I guess the rear tank might do.

If you want help setting up a tank below the carb on a China motor message me I can help.

Latest posts

Back