MOTORIZED?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think i can afford to participate but i'd like to see what gets made.

how would it work? find/build a bike, then put a motor on, or would it just start at adding a motor to whatever you might have already? choice of electric or gas or exclusively one or the other?

Seems like that would leave out a lot of people. Not everyone has a spare $150 to buy a kit engine just for a build off, but anyone can scrounge up a free lawnmower/saw/trimmer. I'd say limit engines to under 206cc and keep it low budget, garage built.

I think that sounds reasonable. You don't really need more than 5hp on a bicycle anyway ;) I think the bikes should also have functioning pedals. So the rules could be something like: 206cc/5hp maximum engine, functional pedals, low budget. I figure the less rules the better, but I guess you need a few to make it a fair playing field.

I'm in. I was thinking that if we each started our build in a single post and then edited the same post as we made progress it would be a lot easier to scroll through than than everyone's posts randomly mixed together. Now to decide on how long, One month? two?

Problem now is we're getting closer to Christmas. I mean if we say that submits at due by Dec 1st...does that seem reasonable? I've got something in mind and wanna start lol

That sounds reasonable. Everybody happy with the rules and time frame? If so I guess we could start now. Do we want to just start in this tread or create a new one?

Man if we could bump the hp limit to 6.5 Id totally be willing to get in on this, I cannottt for the life of me find a good usable 5hp anywhere. But its practically raining 6.5s out here ...ouchie :shock:

Latest posts

Back