Motorman by Meijs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not know if this has been posted here or not, a friend of mine sent me the link. It is an electric moped that is currently available in Europe, soon to be sold here, state side, by the looks of it, it will be pricey, but, has the cool factor. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

http://www.meijsmotorman.com/

Here is just one version:

Pretty cool but I didn't notice in your link the lack of pedals! Guess you better know how much charge you have. The axels are all through axels too. Nice design and details.

Like It, Like to Ride one , Like too Own one ,Like too Customize one !

~Rafael~

Looks great! No suspension is going to make it a jittery ride. At 20mph, those little bumps in the road knock you around. It should have front suspension at least.

So, in Ohio recently there was a case in regards to ebikes on the road. It was ruled that an "ebike" has to have pedals in order to be classified as a bicycle and thusly be legal to drive on the street. Otherwise you need a license and tags.

Not sure how that plays out in the other states, but right now ebikes exist in a grey area of laws. I wouldn't be surprised to see more regulations attached to them sooner than later as they gain in popularity.

Same in California- if you want to ride electric and unregulated, you have to have pedals- same goes for a moped or a "motored bicycle". Those big fat tires should be suspension enough for 20-25mph in my experience. Honestly, fat tires are the only suspension I like riding on.
Taking a closer loook at their movie, these seem to have license plates and are NOT using the bike lanes on the country road.

Last edited:
Zounds! Pricey is an understatement- better than five grand US for the base model, minus VAT but plus shipping. Some nice ideas but you could roll several of your own for that.

Nice look. If I got my hands on one, I'd cut off the foot peg bar, and weld on a BB. Then I'd have cranks, pedals, and chain on there. Even if there was some reason I couldn't attach the chain to the rear wheel, as long as it LOOKED like it was attached, then I could get away with riding it as a motorized bicycle, with no tags or licensing. :113:

Latest posts

Back