Mount Fuji

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I guess I will Join in on this one. Started with Two Fuji Bedfords...
DSCF2078.jpg
DSCF2079.jpg

I got sick of them collecting dust so I broke them down and took them to my welders house.

074.jpg

And yes those are shims in there it really worked out well.

Hummm I always think in terms of longer....Never thought about up. It seems like it will be hard to get on a really tall bike. It ought to be differant. :roll:

ok, so i have made progress... actually its almost done but I can't get my pictures off of my camera I have to find my cable :shock: So as soon as I can find it I will post what I have... "now where did that cable go??" (lifting bed skirt) :roll: This may take a few.

Ok found my cable so here goes the progress pic and the pretty much finished product...

DSCF2134.jpg

Got the frames together with a little help from some flat stock beat to shape :mrgreen:
DSCF2135.jpg

Switched to a coaster for right now. When I can figure out how to run the brake lines I will convert it over to a three speed with a jockey shifter.
DSCF2133.jpg

Got the forks together with some black gas pipe and they come apart so I can pack the bearings! :D
DSCF2132.jpg

Chain is run and I am loving the way I accidentaly put the pedals on oppisite ends they look great when i'm riding it.

So here she is as she sits now...
DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

I will try to get a video of me getting on, riding, and dismounting.

Couple small things still to do bottom chain guard, top rear fender, little touches.

i would imagine this thing is a wheelie king looking at where you sit vs the rear axle. and i hope that you sleeved that area in the rear where the two frames meet. seems like i lot of side to side flex for a joint like that. if it were me i would add a strut on each side of the drop outs on the top frame and run them down to the bottom frame to give it some more strength. very cool build!!!!

very nice brent! i like the two front sprocket set up forming a triangle chain. i thought about runnin mine like that. are you planning on painting it? i wounldnt. you have matchin cool blues. i broke the law and painted mine :lol:. how bout the top fork legs? hackin them off? if you are have unwanted wheelie problems ive heard runnin a smaller front wheel will help. we'll need to get together again and have a tallbike cruise. i know of about 10 in FTW. welcome, a new proud owner of a tallbike :D ..makes my day knowin a new tallbike just joined the world!

Great build, you should keep the color as is. That might be my favorite head badge. :D

Thanks all! I am not going to paint it, I love the color!! The weld that was done on that bike is gorilla style the guy that helped me weld it weighs almost 300lbs he took it for a ride it held him no problem. As for the headbadge... I love them one of my favs. I love the Motobecane badges. This bike is not really that bad with wheelies but I am not a speed demon on it. Definatly want to go for a cruise some time its just getting the bike out there thats hard I have to dismantel some of it to get it in my car. But I would do it.

Lavrente said:
Definatly want to go for a cruise some time its just getting the bike out there thats hard I have to dismantel some of it to get it in my car. But I would do it.

oh yeah, :lol:, didnt think about that part....

Actually it fits length-wise I just have to take the wheels off to close the hatch. Which isn't bad its just a pain in the butt to center those wheels with that chain setup. But as I said would be worth it now I have to build a tall bike for the wife that way we can cruise together or I'm gonna build her a buritto high and low style.

Latest posts

Back