Murican Flyer (Boten)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build. I just got back helping with my son's SO team at the state games. It was a great experience!

Cool build. I just got back helping with my son's SO team at the state games. It was a great experience!
I agree. I have been involved for 6 or 7 years now. We have a pretty small group and only do track @ field events, but still a very rewarding experience.
By the way, I lived in Idaho for 7 years or so. I was stationed at the INEL twice when I was in the Navy.

Thanks to Sheldon Brown and you tube, I got my first set of wheels built. Not super true, but not bad for a 60 year old set of rims.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

My makeshift truing stand
007.JPG
008.JPG

Both wheels done
009.JPG

Also got my fork painted
010.JPG
011.JPG

Still need to figure out the paint for my fender and chain guard

Last edited:
Nice wheel and paint work.
The stars and the stripes look great.

The wheels were 60 yrs old, how old was the builder...?...Haha! I'm sure there's some mathematical equation for that...:39:

Waiting for paint to dry. Rebuilt the red band on my Higgins. Gotta have something to ride for the 4th.
001.JPG

Waited long enough. Mostly together. Still need a half link for the chain.
002.JPG

My Schwinn exerciser donated a few items to the build. It may give up its pedals before it's over with:
004.JPG

Fat won out over skinny:
005.JPG

Last edited:
WOW! Classy paint!
MO FATTA MO BETTA!
Happy Independence Day!

I was finally able to get my chain sorted out. Now I could get my fender fitted up better.
New KMC nickle plated chain + half link got the wheel where it needed to be. No chain rub and didn't have to flip my sprocket.
009.JPG

Where the two sections of the fender join. Aka doodad place holder.
002.JPG

After a little dremel work.
006.JPG
008.JPG

Still need to finish painting now that fender is fitting ok. Thought about striping and then remembered these stencils that I had left over from painting the frame.
005.JPG

Good idea or failed experiment? We'll know tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back