Murican Flyer (Boten)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got around to addressing the issue of the ugly bolt sticking up through the back fender. I found this drawer pull at Hobby Lobby, it even had the correct threads already. Doodad added.
Just saw those there today! First thought was, "somebody should use this on their build"....haha! Even mentioned it to my son who was along. He said,"Where would you put something like this?"....now we know!

Just saw those there today! First thought was, "somebody should use this on their build"....haha! Even mentioned it to my son who was along. He said,"Where would you put something like this?"....now we know!
I had bought something similar at a flea market over the weekend, but it turned out to be too big to fit. My eyeball needs to be recalibrated.

Had to use a wire wheel and sandpaper on my new used bars. Got them primered. Paint tomorrow. After that, I get to learn how to sew a set of leather grips.
003.JPG

Last edited:
I started working on my leather grips. Got them laid out and started on one. Can't commit until I decide which bars to use. I mounted up the painted bars with the new front fender. Hard to tell in my basement/dungeon. I added some leather to the bars to simulate the finished product.
013.JPG
014.JPG

Last edited:
Got my grips stitched up and bars back on the bike. Wrapped the bars with friction tape before stitching. These things aren't going anywhere.
001.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
019.JPG

Did a little touch up painting, and traded out the pedals for some Torringtons and I'm calling it done!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back