1. The first phase of the site update has been completed, but the forum software update will occur one evening this week. Will try to keep everyone posted when I find out an exact day. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Murray Comber 6 sp

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by sandman, Dec 15, 2018.

1. sandman

sandman

Just picked this up in the rain this morning for $20 . Not the highest quality bike , but its a fairly clean , USA made bike. From what I can find its a low production 80s bike . My wife told me I had enough bikes , guess I need to start hiding them in the barn ?

murray 6.jpg murray beach.jpg murray beach.jpg

2. Chuy

Chuy

I like the color. That would make a nice BMX cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

I found that EXACT same bike at a yard sale years ago, minus the rack. Even had the same tires, which I still have in the basement.
    IMG_7390.JPG

It has been through a few different configurations with me...
    murrayversion.jpg
    IMG_7394.JPG

The most recent was a 26" BMX cruiser like @Chuy said. I just put parts on it that I had around, but never got the "right" parts for it.
    20160904_093250 (2).jpg
    20160904_094445.jpg

It's currently sitting in the shed with a few parts robbed off it. This thread reminded me that I kinda love that bike and I really need to drag it out and get it back together... maybe some aluminum rims and a proper BMX chainring and spider for starters...

RustyGold and sandman like this.
  4. deorman

deorman

I have no room for more bikes right now, but for 20 bucks, I'd snatch it up and find a spot, stick on a Wald 803 handlebar and a roadie seat, and call it done.

sandman likes this.
  5. kngtmat

kngtmat

Nice. If the decal is on above the bottom bracket it will have the year on it. Also the Stem has the year as well. Definitely 90's since the name decal is like my 94 Monterey.