Murray Eliminator 24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I picked this up recently at the scrapyard, unfortunately it has a broken frame.. decided if it doesn't ride I have some frame art, and a couple parts to sell off for other builds I'm "working" on :?

here's the break

(any welders out there know if this is fixable?)

now for tear down today finally

well.. that escalated quickly.. one of the easiest bikes I have ever had to tear down

parts parts parts

front rim is correct and looks like it should shine up nicely

now another quick question.. what is this rear rim from?

not sure the rear tire is original or not, but here's a shot of it

should be going to the weld shop for them to look at in the next day or two, if my finances are in order

That rear wheel is a Schwinn for sure. The knurled lines are Schwinn. If the tire is a 1 3/8, it's and S-5 or S-6, if the tire is a 1 3/4 it's an S-7, and if it 2.125 it's and S-2.

was pretty sure it was a Schwinn until I cleaned it off a bit.. no markings on the hub, or the rim itself, and I never saw a orange banded hub before.. threw me off
since it's not original I wont feel bad replacing it..
I am contemplating stealing the 5 speed 24" off my Spyder and throwing it on here, plus that would give me two original 70's Murray rims

It may or may not be marked with a Schwinn stamp and/or and S-7 stamp. Either way, it is a Schwinn. The coaster hub is probably just faded. It's a "red band" coaster.

A 5 speed Murray wheel would be perfect on that.

Got the frame back today... had a friend do it up for me..
2013-09-30_20-06-53_966_zps8e4b6042.jpg

2013-09-30_20-07-15_50_zps14caa43f.jpg

2013-09-30_20-06-59_791_zps171be030.jpg

Prob sand it down soon amd start shining up the sparkly bits

Thanks, threw it together today to test ride it, make sure everything still lines up...
first hill i hit, chain snapped... good thing I have two kneecaps

now back to tear down for cleaning, repainting

figured out the chainguard says Qualifier 24 on it.. not Eliminator, so I am guessing it was rebadged and sold through a dept store. no big deal to me... plan on adding a 5 speed to this and getting the F5 sticker for it down the road anyway

for now I added diff bars and wheelset and of course a temp chain... this is too fun to let sit while it waits to get finished, been using it to get back and forth to work :lol:

Latest posts

Back