Murray Eliminator Mk 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Promised a couple different friends I'd pick up some bikes from behind a garage and from a barn. When they're free you pick 'em up and sort 'em out later. Mostly dirty, rusty kids bikes and then there was this....

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

A 24" Murray Eliminator. With a little persuasion, everything came apart, chrome is cleaning up decent, paint, red / black fade, is pretty well gone. Unfortunately the original ribbed tires with red lines are gone too.

Enjoy,
Gizmo

Murray-Eliminator said:
Kool find. looks to be a 1971. here is the link to the catalog Page 12

http://murrayeliminatormusclebikes.yuku ... ay-Catalog

Thanks for the link Murray-Eliminator.

sharmangasaurusrex said:
Nice find! Love the wraparound chainguard.

Agreed, paint is faded on the guard but should be easy enough to replicate. It appears there is part of the head badge missing, if so, any idea what it might be?
Thanks Guys

Wow....nice FREE score.

I see no reason for the wrap around chainguard but who cares....its still a sweet ride!

24" muscle bikes are hard to come by so I say you did good.

DPARTY82 said:
Wow....nice FREE score.

I see no reason for the wrap around chainguard but who cares....its still a sweet ride!

24" muscle bikes are hard to come by so I say you did good.

Me thinks the reason for the wrap around guard is the designer missed out on Big Fin Trend in the automotive industry back in '57 and still wanted to get his licks in! :mrgreen: It's all right with me though 'cause it's pretty kool!

Way cool !! I just purchased a 20" Eliminator...digging that chainguard...mine was missing on completely...a young "customizer" owned mine and REALLY liked metallic green spray paint...so EVERYTHING got painted....Nice score on yours... :D

Latest posts

Back