"Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01" FINISHED BIKES THREAD! TIME TO VOTE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD!

Glen said:
Ok folks... here is my entry.

It was originally going to be called Chopster, but then I thought of Muscrat. Now that it's done I prefer Chopster... so here it is...

CHOPSTER

First, a couple of shots of me on it...

Me1.jpg

Me2.jpg

Here is a video of me heading off to take photos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCV3Dx_Tuo

I rode around to the Stone Store, the oldest stone building in New Zealand...

DSC_9960.jpg

DSC_9963.jpg

On the other side of the river (the side I am on) is Rewa's Village, a replica of a traditional Maori village...

DSC_9962.jpg

DSC_9961.jpg

A busload of tourists came so I went somewhere quieter to take some more photos...

DSC_9964.jpg

DSC_9965.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

Then back at home I took some more...

DSC_9968.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg

DSC_9971.jpg

DSC_9973.jpg

DSC_9974.jpg

DSC_9975.jpg

DSC_9976.jpg

So that's it... quite fun really and it looks pretty good although there are some things that I didn't get done...

Wanted better pedals
Wanted a sissy bar extension or at least something to cover the existing sissy bar ends
Wanted to fix the rear wheel wobble but the axle is bent
Wanted better mounts for the rear of the banana seat
Wanted two matching gear levers but only got one done
Wanted to get a better shim for the handlebar instead of the homemade one that doesn't tighten well enough

But it is finished for now and is my first build on RRB :D

sick bike man!! looks dope, well done
Jake 8)

Re: "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD! 2ND BIKE UP!

Glen said:
Thanks for the compliments, Luke. You can use any idea you like.

Looking forward to seeing the others up. I noticed Krandall's is on the build off thread...
...should it be here too?

How does the voting work on one of these build offs?

Thanks for the permission Glen, just love the way you did it! :mrgreen:

I think Randy has some trouble posting pics, so I will pm him and see if he would like me to move them over for him.

Regarding voting, once all the entries are up (or the deadline expires, not sure when our new deadline is, have to ask Jake about that.) a new thread will be started with the pics and stories posted here, at the top of that thread there will be a poll where other members can vote for thier favorite (or favorites if more than one vote is allowed) When the voting period is up, basically however long the poll creater decides on, the results will be at the top of the thread. Also after people vote they will be shown the leaderboard as it currently stands.

Luke.

Nice job Glen ! not a fan of the color , but the frame turned out great , and i like the dually/shifters/suicide front brake ... clap clap!

Glen, Chopster is loaded up with so many wicked details!!!
My favorite part is the fact that you used a push mower as you twin top tubes.
BRILLIANT!!!

DonorParts.jpg

Well looks like I'm going to have to half butt my final shot. With the super limited time I have this week this is the best I can do. Hopefully I can find the time to finish it properly. I just ran out of interest in it. <br /><br />
ebe40d47a1ad62e44c151ca072a084f0.jpg
48780dd4cf6cc9081cba62023ee2c7cf.jpg
2e56c451d283b9a155e8c0fd7e523a0e.jpg
<br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because my computer blew up while posting pictures arrrgh

Luke, my wife really like how you put colors together. I really like Railiminator frame and handle bar set up. Thumbs up!

Glen, good job on lawn mower twin tubes on top and front brake set up. I dig it!

Can't wait see rest final!

Glen said:
I really like your idea of using the coaster brake on the front wheel, any endo issues with it?

freddyfingaz said:
Terry, that's really flowing together nicely. Good job!
Thanks dude. It still needs some love but that's for another day. :lol:

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this!You guys knocked out some amazing bikes! Hope to see the others finished(deadline or not!), as I'm sure a lot of others would to.
Amazing builds. :mrgreen:

Here are the final Pics:

dscn0252_zpsa02fc8bf.jpg

dscn0234_zps91021699.jpg

dscn0245_zpsc81db647.jpg

dscn0256_zps9e55636a.jpg

dscn0235_zps84709105.jpg

Sorry, That's it. I only hVE 2 MINUTES LEFT ON lIBRAry computwee. See ya

Re:

bigfatcat said:
freddyfingaz said:
Terry, that's really flowing together nicely. Good job!
Thanks dude. It still needs some love but that's for another day. :lol:

BRAVO!!!! Great use of a ladies frame. Love the mega apes along with the mega sissy bar.
Great webbing!
I agree with peat, that is one wicked shifter!!

2e56c451d283b9a155e8c0fd7e523a0e.jpg

Krandall, Love your build too. So much cool bling! And it looks like it makes for a great ride too!
You forgot to post a photo of the EPIC seat though!!!!

2013-02-06080115_zps202fcdeb.jpg

Randal, I love the seat and the look, you put together a great bike!

Terry, amazing all the little things ya got into that build, spiderwebs, metal flake galore! The coolest shifter known to man! Cool fender wheel covers (whatever they are called)

Glen, its sleek looking, its fast as anything and it has one seriously cool front brake! and you used the handle from a pushmower to build it!!! Excellent job!

I love em all!

Great builds guys!

Rich

Sorry all for the lack of pics. You only get an hour at the library computer which is the only way I can upload pics from my camera to a desktop to picturebucket to here lol. I used the first 45 minutes doing a resume for tomorrow then did the picture thing down to the final 2 minutes. Thanks for the addition of the pic with my seat, very much appreciated. So far it is a way cool presentation of way cool home built bikes by obvious talent. Great job all.

Terry, bike looks awesome, has to be another one of my favorites! 8)

Rich, the bike looks great so far! Can't wait to see it after you get it finished :)

Krandall, that's hands down the most shiniest bike seat I've ever seen, great job on the bike!

Awesome work Terry and Randy!
I love the variety of bikes we ended up with!
Terry your "Mortician" bike with it's skirt guards, wild apes and sissy bar, flake paint, crazy shifter and homemade banana seat is quite the combination! Looks like it belongs in the Addams family house!
Randy your bike looks like an awesome ride, looks like a super comfortable riding position and that seat! That seat really is amazing! :shock:
freddyfingaz said:
Luke, my wife really like how you put colors together. I really like Railiminator frame and handle bar set up. Thumbs up!
Thanks Freddy! I am not surprised you like the handlebar set up, Your "Spyder Monkey" build inspired it! :mrgreen: Really happy with it, I have never been game to stand up for more power and put my full weight on ape hangers before, but the dual clamps make it really stiff and strong!

Looking forward to Jakes build, this is the last photo we saw of it...
aa_zps113b5158.jpg

Another awesome ride coming out of this build off!

Luke.

Re:

MazdaFlyer said:
I really like your idea of using the coaster brake on the front wheel, any endo issues with it?

Gidday MazdaFlyer,

Firstly, it's not really my idea for the coaster brake on the front. I first saw it done some years ago by a bloke that had a bike shop down where I am from in Christchurch. His shop was in the seaside suburb of New Brighton and he built amazing rat rod bikes, all with those wee 49 or 70cc engines 8) . I never took any photos of them though... one of those things that you think "I'll do that some other time" but then there is an earthquake and and you find yourself at the other end of the country :roll: . Hopefully his bikes survived the quakes :| .

I take it by "endo issues" you mean any problems with it in the end. Not really... at least not so far and I have only ridden it a few kms. It works fine but only has just enough stopping power to slow me down. I didn't think it was going to be any good on the hill when I went to take the photos, but it was good enough that it didn't get away on me with the brake lever squeezed tight. Still a bit too much travel on the lever so could do with adjusting. Certainly not a brake for someone who likes good brakes... but it's fine for me :D . I wont be doing any races on this puppy even though it has good speed with the gears... the gears are to help with riding up the hills because I am unfit :oops: .

Thanks to you and all the others for the great comments on Chopster.

Cheers,

Glen.

Re: "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD! 4 BIKES UP!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm hoping to get a couple better pictures today. The weather has not been kind to the northeast over the past week. :shock: The little lady and I are going to try and get some good ones later on. Here's hoping! :lol: :lol:

Randy, you've made a truly impressive bike! I love the details and that seat is too cool. Glen you've got some insanely cool/impressive features and I'm loving the colors! Rich That layout is just plain old AWESOME! It's just as cool as I was hoping for! :shock: Luke.... words cannot describe... Holy monkey this buildoff has produced some of the coolest bikes I've ever seen!! Good job guys!!!!

Latest posts

Back