"Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01" FINISHED BIKES THREAD! TIME TO VOTE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD! 4 BIKES UP!

bigfatcat said:
Holy monkey this buildoff has produced some of the coolest bikes I've ever seen!! Good job guys!!!!
Have to agree with you on that! :mrgreen: If we get bikes of this quality and style on a small anything goes buildoff, I cant wait to see the big one later in the year!!! :shock:

Luke.

I just recieved a message from Jake "oleskool" that he will be unable to finish his bike. He is under doctors orders to take it easy for a while, and aside from that he has decided to take his bike in a new direction anyway...

He did say that he was thinking of starting a new thread for those that were unable to finish and they will start a new build off together, he may also be allowing new entries so if you are interested get in touch with him. :wink:

So with all that said and done, he told me to set up the voting booth for the 4 bikes that are presented here, so that will be up soon!
Start thinking about which 2 bikes you will vote for! I cant say that I envy you, the quality and variety presented is far better than I think anyone thought would happen. :mrgreen:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
I just recieved a message from Jake "oleskool" that he will be unable to finish his bike. He is under doctors orders to take it easy for a while, and aside from that he has decided to take his bike in a new direction anyway...

He did say that he was thinking of starting a new thread for those that were unable to finish and they will start a new build off together, he may also be allowing new entries so if you are interested get in touch with him. :wink:

So with all that said and done, he told me to set up the voting booth for the 4 bikes that are presented here, so that will be up soon!
Start thinking about which 2 bikes you will vote for! I cant say that I envy you, the quality and variety presented is far better than I think anyone thought would happen. :mrgreen:

Luke.

I hope jake does start that thread, I would gladly place the rest of my bikes progress in there! I am kinda going thru withdrawls here now, I miss the buildoff thread already! :) :wink:

Rich

Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD!

Glen said:
Ok folks... here is my entry.

It was originally going to be called Chopster, but then I thought of Muscrat. Now that it's done I prefer Chopster... so here it is...

CHOPSTER

First, a couple of shots of me on it...

DSC_9961.jpg

So that's it... quite fun really and it looks pretty good although there are some things that I didn't get done...

Wanted better pedals
Wanted a sissy bar extension or at least something to cover the existing sissy bar ends
Wanted to fix the rear wheel wobble but the axle is bent
Wanted better mounts for the rear of the banana seat
Wanted two matching gear levers but only got one done
Wanted to get a better shim for the handlebar instead of the homemade one that doesn't tighten well enough

But it is finished for now and is my first build on RRB :D

Awesome build Glen,blue is my faverite color so thats a plus for me,front brake came out really good,as for parts I probly got some stuff you can use,I think I have some old bmx stems for the smaller diameter,if you come down to whanga's look me up and we can go looky what I got :D

Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" FINISHED BIKES THREAD!

Endlesschain said:
Glen said:
So that's it... quite fun really and it looks pretty good although there are some things that I didn't get done...

Wanted better pedals
Wanted a sissy bar extension or at least something to cover the existing sissy bar ends
Wanted to fix the rear wheel wobble but the axle is bent
Wanted better mounts for the rear of the banana seat
Wanted two matching gear levers but only got one done
Wanted to get a better shim for the handlebar instead of the homemade one that doesn't tighten well enough

But it is finished for now and is my first build on RRB :D

Awesome build Glen,blue is my faverite color so thats a plus for me,front brake came out really good,as for parts I probly got some stuff you can use,I think I have some old bmx stems for the smaller diameter,if you come down to whanga's look me up and we can go looky what I got :D

Thanks for that... not sure when I'll be down that way but will let you know if I am. I just really tightened the handlebar heaps and it seems ok.

Took it for a ride into the Kurbside Rodders 30th anniversary display in the Kerikeri main street last Saturday 8) . Had some good comments but the gears are still not right. :?

Took the bike in to my tire guy today to show him, because he made me promise to show him when it was done,
first thing he says is "How much?" :shock: To which I replied "Not for sale" but he was not happy with that answer...

Long story short, sadly the "50 years" bike is no longer mine, he made me an offer I could not refuse, and he threw in some tires I need for the big build off too. Sad to see it go, but the extra money will be put back into the next bike for the big build off and I am running out of room to store many more bikes anyway, so not too upset really...

Well, maybe a little... But on to the next one... :wink:

Luke.

Awwwww maaaaaaan! Well good on ya for making the sale! Now you can have even more funds in the anything goes pile!! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Luke good you were able to sell the buildoff bike at a good price, it will be fun to see what you do for the big buildoff.

Funds are too low for me right now, I was thinking of purchasing some equipment, but I think I can find better places to put the money right now. I'll just be puttering far away from the bigboys for awhile :)

peace

Rich

I just cruised through this thread real quick and have to say those bikes are all amazing. Great job everybody. I have to go back and read now.

wow your double gear drive and strech frame are beyond belief cool! love the color to! incredable job

Troy

Thanks Troy!
Miss that bike... :oops: Sold it to a guy that really liked it. Still, the money from that allowed us to compete in the current big build off.

Loved doing this little build off, the guys in it were all good fun and great at sharing ideas as we went.
Showed in the final products too...
Must do it again sometime.

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Thanks Troy!
Miss that bike... :oops: Sold it to a guy that really liked it. Still, the money from that allowed us to compete in the current big build off.

Loved doing this little build off, the guys in it were all good fun and great at sharing ideas as we went.
Showed in the final products too...
Must do it again sometime.

Luke.
hey maybe next year I have a candy apple lime green metallic flake murrey muscle b1ke that could use a good build off!

Latest posts

Back