Muscle Spasm C2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a few degrees cooler here today too!

IMG_20190123_170102532.jpg

Nice work Carl! It is going to move out!

Got the Spaz upside-down tacking on the bottom of the repositioned BB.
786840f3bcb01eefce57f29cd3bed220.jpg

Shoveled fluffy snow for a while today for the church grounds, didn't even bother with the snowblower, got it all done. Now it's snowing fairly hard and I might as well have not even touched it. My toes are cold from the garage floor. Guess I'll be getting up early and digging the church out. I'm ok with that.

Carl.

Carl....'shovelin for the Lord'. [emoji106]
It's what I do.
Finished going over it this morning. All light and fluffy, I used a push broom for 80% of it. Coffee, a change of clothes and guitar and vocals for the second service. Been playing Christian rock for +10 yrs it's one of my favorite things to do.

Carl.

Sent from the backseat of a crowded clown car

3rd derailleur is one from an old Nishiki racer. 1of 2 I have stashed in my boneyard. Now I just need an 8 foot cable. (Really I need two cuz the disc brake on the other side is without a cable) Also, it's a roller right now, just not a stopper. Handles kinda sketchy on the slightly downhill snowy driveway. Definitely a summer cruiser even with the heavy trail treaded 26 x 4 on back.
d9a79281a94f06453cb8d94150b3bb2d.jpg
ab0eaf6ddebd1492bef506100ee42ab6.jpg

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Last edited:
Punch List:
Shifter and cable
brake caliper mount, cable & grip
seat post, clamp or pin?
Handlebar wrap

Possible Extras:
Expanded steel panels
Brazing

4 days and counting down...

Carl.

Busy day at the guitar repair...
By the time I got home, ate and tried to hit the garage, it's so cold my fluorescent lights won't go on.
I'm going to bring the steering column in and wrap my handlebars in the warmth.

4 days 4 hrs and 11 minutes to go

Carl.

Last edited:
Truck won't start. So while I'm out in the garage with daylight I worked on the shifter mount and cable. Where's my shifter going to be? Not on the bars with a fancy flip shifter as originally planned... I like what I did better. I be been watching everyone else fab these up so...
578b84b27ec5aea77305ba4734a6679c.jpg
6594d75dfe6c885aef9892d4fe69028f.jpg
8b4c4af65850271d85283f9b11ba0cc1.jpg
00e4d1452db6979fbaec60d7e594c997.jpg

A nub of handlebar welded to the frame in a nice low spot, with the cable pointed in the direction I need. I also ran a bit of all thread thru the frame and the nub, gotta pick up some 10-20 acorns. Then I cut an old cable down and two zip ties, BINGO! I like it. I also made the curve of the cable match the curve of the wheel. Still gotta fab up a shifter handle but the 7 speed grip I used runs the derailleur perfectly. Gotta love it when the boneyard comes thru.

Carl

Last edited:
Lots of details finished are you planning on painting?
It'll go but it won't stop yet. Gotta finish the brakes. I also want to finish the shifter handle. I've been going thru some stuff today looking for pieces... It's almost all bare metal now, probably be easier to go there than paint. But I do have one more detail to address before that. I'm wondering if I can go over all the joints with braze... THAT would make the bare metal POP!

Carl.

Awesome build name and it definitely looks how a GC muscle bike should look. Keep on pluggin and get this done man! I wanna see this cross the finish line.

Awesome build name and it definitely looks how a GC muscle bike should look. Keep on pluggin and get this done man! I wanna see this cross the finish line.
Thanks. I gotta get a "SPAZ" license plate...
It's a roller now and I got some more pieces done for the brakes. It'll be there at the finish. Biggest holdup is the brake cable. I might be able to piece something together, but sub zero temps for the next couple days really makes it tough. I doubt the bike shop even opens up, so I'm on my own...

Carl

In progress, the shifter for Muscle Spasm
I've got it mounted and working
Now to fab up the actual shifter
I'm running it left side, "suicide" style
ca57d19c21800e9085b7d27dedc61eb4.jpg
f7f35259b210d5001a563f7f62cae6ad.jpg

Carl.

I still need a cap, the difference in my install is a threaded rod thru it in addition to the nub of handlebar being welded. So after I cap it I can dress it all up with a 1/4-20 acorn nut.
78424dee25ff0af3da80e3d3548b23c2.jpg
b6d5a8133f67803651027b3f775e7d26.jpg
41a04ad16554bccfa0145314b8239672.jpg

We'll see if I can get the brake caliper bracket fabbed tomorrow....

Latest posts

Back