musclebike bmx builds please show them off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok i love all bikes and all bmx but i am curious how many people out there are like me and think the sting ray and scrambler and other similar musclebike cantilever framed bikes are sweet bmx bikes
so if you have a musclebike frame that you built into a bmx please show them off
thanks
anyone can post their rides im just curious how many other muslebike framed bmx people are out there like me.
i'll start with mine a 1980 sting ray 2 built from parts i had in my shop.
thanks for looking.
1119121253.jpg

sweet bike ratrod that's what im talking about that rides awesome
those motomags seem to go with sting ray bmx quite well
wish i could afford a pair but too rich for my blood atm
thanks for posting

heya pjbjr413
thanks for sharing
that bike is sweet very nice example of how bmxing has progressed
very good job on the era correct parts this one is almost identical to what i raced back in 81 when i was a wee one allthough i believe these styles are mid 70's if m correct
got mine from my uncle who built it up from an apple crate
same wheels same seat and same ashtabulas
except mine was red with black tuffs
i tried white skyways but n good for dirt lol
thanks for posing that sting looks awesome
Sean

awesome bike gold street customs
thats more like the one i raced if it had ashtabula forks and black tuffs and different seat it sure would be just like it
same exact color
i hear you on missing it i miss mine
the one im building now i decided im not selling ever
thanks for posting that's a sweet ride
sean

sweet
i did some research on these just out of curiosity
the cyc actually looked like the huffy thunder road back in the day with the sissy bar and plastic fenders
yours looks to be nickel finished which i believe means its a stormer if im correct.
these bikes look awesome restored
good luck with it and post pics
sean

thats what im talking bout that one combines bmx and ratrod together
looks like it might be huffy or possibly Columbia
im no 100 percent sure though it might be roll fast
those wheels are sweet looking
arayas?
i like the tires im working out a deal on some motocross tires for my sting but if i cannot find them ill be back to looking
thaks for posting
sean

Trying to get started back up on this one. I need to order a bottom bracket then just tear it down for paint.

408229_236791076395201_464961092_n.jpg

This is going to more of a resto-rod type buildup.

I am striping the wheels and still trying to decide on a color for the bike. I originally wanted black and gold but not sure now.

600258_337227076351600_1818951995_n.jpg

man that bike looks sweet
i like the color on it now the blue and black look good on it
that front wheel is awesome
i like the hub the bottom bracket is kinda a tough one i have a beachcruiser that i have the same problem with i cant find an exact mach but im not giving up
i'll check my parts bin i might have something you can us if interested but it wouldn't be original.
thanks for posting and keep us informed its looking great
sean

very nice all 3 are excellent
i just added a banana seat to mine so it is beginning to look alot like that 76 sting
the huffy is sweet looking i just saw a dragster 2 on here that was similar to that style but it was musclebike not bmx
i have soft spot for old huffy their misunderstood bikes
im restoring a 1981 thunder bmx as we speak
thanks for posting
sean

oh yeah that bikes awesome an excellent example of old school bmx and how it has evolved very nice work and looks fantastic if i had to rate id give this one 10 of 10 its perfect

Latest posts

Back