Music for wrenching

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What do you like to listen to when you're working on your bikes? I have pretty broad taste in music but for some reason the various forms of rock-a-billy always seem end up what gets played when I'm getting greasy. Tiger Army and Blazing Haley are always in the mix.

Gangster Rap, mainly.

:roll:

But seriously, mostly country. Its just about all we play out in the shop. OCMS is a must!

Blazing Haley is always on the list as well as Hellbillys, Mad Sin, and the Cramps.

Lately it has been a lot of Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash.

I like almost anything, old school rock mostly, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, Ozzy, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, The Who, Slash, Black label Society, just depends on what mood I'm in.

I guess I'm the odd man out here. I listen to my Sirius-XM satellite radio set to any of the following channels: Classical Pops, 1960s, 1950s, 1940s, or, when I'm really brain dead, the Escape channel (easy listening/elevator music). Senior moments rule! :D

At heart I am truly a speed metal fan, but not just speed.....
Dillenger Escape Plan made me realize there is truly musicians with my soul music, while slipknot makes me sad....Has to have a certain sound/feel, some Pantera gets me.
But when the kids and woman are at hand I keep it pretty mundane, I listen to almost anything except BOY BANDS, blech. Couldn't stand them when I was that age!
The Blues have been getting a good run lately, Tab Benoit:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4dl5BiEt_PI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just to date myself, ughh, I graduated in 1986, Dad seved in the Nam, Mom is a hippy, and I always liked music more than TV, almost as much as bicycles......I got to go see all the cool bands as a kid, Santana and some band called "White Trash," featuring Edgar winter when I was a whole 6 years old! The Alman brothers later that same summer.

From the Alman Brothers, Derek Trucks:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dzo5K2t7LVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite band, live performer ever is Lemmy, IE: MOTORHEAD(which was supposed to be motormouth but Lemmy is British), saw them play at Harpo's in Detroit about 1985:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L_VEdra0wUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The guy has aged well, I like his slow stuff also!

My tastes are all over the place, lots of local to me music, living in Texas we have an awesome local country music scene, classic rock, classic country, rockabilly, just depends on my mood

Gotta say that I'm a huge fan of new wave and synth pop. Gimme some Devo, Oingo Boingo, Gary Numan, Joy Division, or the Inspiral Carpets, but my music tastes are very eclectic, so depending on what the weather/my mood/the vibe I want to achieve for my bike I could be listening to Jazz (Miles Davis/Jimmy Smith), Blues (George Thoroughgood/Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee), Country/Rockabilly (Dallas Smith/Mad Sin), Classic Rock (Rush/Yes), or Hip Hop (Kool Keith/Awol One). Maybe that's why my last bike never achieved the symmetrical vibe I wanted lol.

Eric%20Clapton%20-%20From%20The%20Cradle.jpg

I love Clapton, especially Cream. But when building I usually put on something 90's like White Zombie, AIC,Smashing Pumpkins, Boy Hits Car is a little known favorite. Really old Offspring, like In Baghdad. Anything to get my blood pumping but still remain in the 90's. But I've really been venturing into bluegrass territory lately. Trampled By Turtles, Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir, etc

It always depends on my mood!
Here are a few
Clapton
Ray Charles
The Temptations
Bob Dylan
CCR
Gotye
The Beatles/anything else the 4 of them made
Neil Young
Johnny Cash
The Dirty Heads
Yelawolf
Jason Aldean
The Clash
the Ramones
Mumford&Sons
Otis Reading
Simon&Garfunkel/Paul Simon

Almost anything lol I like a lot of older music for a teenager!

AC/DC, .38 Special, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Judas Priest, Loverboy, Eagles, Eddie Money, ZZ Top, Huey Lewis and the News, Great White, Motely Crue, Poison, Journey and Steve Perry, Foreigner, Aerosmith, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, KISS, Skid Row, Europe, Warrant, etc.

For country, is pretty much Rascal Flatts, Alan Jackson, Brooks and Dunn, Travis Tritt, Darius Rucker, Alabama, Jerry Reed, Johnny Cash, etc. I don't like most of the new "country" out there.

Various things. At the moment I dig acoustic, folksy stuff. Old country, something like that.
One of my favs currently is Digger Barnes. He's a Hamburg (Germany) based singer/songwriter, performer and bassplayer. He played on the Revival Tour with Chuck Ragan,Frank Turner,Austin Lucas and makes great melancholic Desert Rock/Americana influenced music. Check him out:

http://www.diggerbarnes.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__K2nyH1cPs

Latest posts

Back