Mustang

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back to work again. :| But I've managed to make some progress on the bike anyway!

Shot some chrome paint on the light reflectors.
mlat3.jpg

Shortened the bars a little.
kapatstyre.jpg

Primed parts.
mlat2.jpg

Headlight paint design.
framlykta5.jpg

framlykta6.jpg

framlykta7.jpg

Chainguard paint design masked off.
mlat4.jpg

Painted gold stripes on some parts.
mlat5.jpg

Frame primed, painted red, masked off, painted black and clearcoated.
mlat6.jpg

mlat7.jpg

mlat8.jpg

mlat9.jpg

Still left to do is to paint the fenders, paint the logo on the chainguard, paint gold stripes on the frame, fork and fenders and clean some parts and assemble the bike. Oh, and some soldering for the lights...

That's all for now. I'll be back with more pics as soon as I've got something to show you...

Thanks, glad you like the paint! :) Cool you saw that herr_rudolf!! That's one of my aims with the paint design, to make the bike look a little more rounded and flowing. The other aim is to accentuate the lugs, and I hope that will be achieved nicely with some gold stripes along the edges of them. The logo will be ivory white with gold outlines and maybe I'll add some ivory to the striping too, I haven't made my mind up 100% yet...
Yeah deadline comes closer really fast now! :shock:

Indeed very much like a 'Mucha-painting'... One of my fav artists also!

Galtbacken said:
Thanks, glad you like the paint! :) Cool you saw that herr_rudolf!! That's one of my aims with the paint design, to make the bike look a little more rounded and flowing. The other aim is to accentuate the lugs, and I hope that will be achieved nicely with some gold stripes along the edges of them. The logo will be ivory white with gold outlines and maybe I'll add some ivory to the striping too, I haven't made my mind up 100% yet...
Yeah deadline comes closer really fast now! :shock:

I didn't get the 'accentuating the lug' -part yet, but I'll have to wait for the detailshots. It's a bit small on my screen... Oh, but you're not done with that. Okay, I'll hold my breath. I like the Idea of accentuating the lugs but must say Ihave seen horrible examples. Like the Batavus-donor for my cartboardtracker for instance. It looked like some kid had been messing about with a permanent marker... But to my surprise it came out of the factory that way. I'm sure you'll be doing a much better job on the striping.

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Boardtrack fan: The shapes of the chainguard comes from how I use to simplify drawing long hair. I started doing it before I had heard of Alphonse Mucha, but I guess after seeing his work some of what I draw and paint now have probably been influenced by him. He had an amazing eye for clean and beautiful lines!!

herr_rudolf: If you're going to hold your breath I'd better hurry up!! :lol:

Galtbacken, as usual i say the same thing: Your job is uncredible!
What will you do until the 30ths july to the 2nd Aug? If you have some time, go to amsterdam for the Choppernation, it is THE place to go if you like all kind of custom bikes. People are coming from russia, america, france, spain, germany, england.. And some of finland too.
It would be great to meet you!

Thanks mudagoye!
Me and a friend are going on a boat trip that weekend. He's just finished fixing up an old boat. I'd like to go to the Choppernation event some time though, so I'll probably go another year. Hope you'll have a good time if you go! :)

Ok, haven't been feeling too well lately but here are the final progress pics of the bike.

Painted fenders.
mlat10.jpg

mlat11.jpg

Painted the logo.
mlat12.jpg

mlat13.jpg

Painted the gold stripes on the frame, fork and fenders.
mlat15.jpg

mlat16.jpg

mlat14.jpg

mlat17.jpg

Made a strap for the battery box.
mlat18.jpg

Assembled the bike!
frdig1.jpg

Thanks for showing interest in this build and for all your kind words!

I'll post more photos of the bike in the finished section...

Thank you! :D I've made stuff with my hands since as long as I can remember and I often get ideas that I like to try and see if I can make (some ideas I know I can make from previous experience...) A lot of the ideas of things I'd like to try and make lately has had to do with bikes...who could tell? :wink: I'm glad I found this site, there are so many creative and talented people here and the atmosphere is inspiring and friendly!

Latest posts

Back