My '54 Ford F-100

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Steve, Here is the reason I haven't been on the computer very much for the past year!
f1008-1.jpg

I bought it "driveable" :roll: last March and wanted it done for Billetproof this year, made the deadline and drove it 4 hours from West Palm to Gainseville and back trouble free (insert heavy sigh of relief here!).

Some of the details...350 Chevy powered (sorry Ford Guys), 69 Camaro frontend, shaved door handles, nosed the hood, filled in the roof line and cowl line, filled in front pan, '57 F-100 grill, removed rear bumper and punched the back panel full of holes, new Coker wide whites, new runnin' boards, Model A Tailights, lots of new not fun stuff too (rearend bearings, radiator, water pump, new rear window, new exhaust, blah blah blah. :lol:
Rustoleum Flat Black, Pinstriping by "The Kid", Rat Rod Mexicano blanket seat cover and a "Rockabilly headliner".
Now it's as done as she's going to get...back to building bicycles!
f1002.jpg

Made some pedals, got a new steering wheel, of course whats a Rat Rod without a skull shift knob?! And I apologize for not flippin' my cool 50's Barbie key fob around for the pic.
f1005.jpg

Me and the boys did one of these holes a day, they ran the oil and I ran the drill, that there is some thick steel!!
Got me some fancy new shiny plywood after this shot.
truckholes-1.jpg

Headliners are 'spensive, so I went real Rat Rod on the headliner, still could use more, wink wink
ford1.jpg

"The Kid" pulled some neat old school stripes to set it off.
pinstripes.jpg

Took this before the hood was striped.
newpaintfront-1.jpg

New Bed wood and striping on the bed panel, the front panel was really beat up, so I just made a "bolt in" sheet and had my Buddy stripe it up. I have a tailgate for it, just lookin' for time to get it bolted on.
f1007.jpg

Midway progress 'Poser Shot" LOL
truck.jpg

So thats it...My Rat Rod Truck is done and now I can get back to two wheelers, and playing on the computer again,
oh, wait, I do have to get this out of my system....stay tuned.
promini3-1.jpg

The truck looks awesome Kenny.

Sounds like you did the right things to make it ride and run well. I love the color scheme, stance and wheel and tire combo.

Just need to stick a vintage air unit under the dash....oh wait, that's probably a no no in the world of traditional hot rodding. :mrgreen:

Beautiful job on the truck :!: All you need now is a cool bike to go in the back of the P/U and you will have the best of both world's 8)

will the kung fuji fit in the back..... top notch job i really love those trucks..... is it going to be a daily driver or just a weekend warrior......

Thank You guys. I thought this crowd would like it.
Well Von Stans...Kung Fuji found a new home a few weeks ago :cry: Needed room and some $$ for the next adventure.
The Ford is a weekend Warrior, no ac and it's pretty warm down here already.
I haven't put any bikes in the bed yet,the Tall Bike in the back might look kinda neat, we'll see.
Maybe the minibike project......

Awesome!

I would love to rat out a car...
I want my "Dream" car to be ratted...but i think my dad would frown upon that.

I would do it to my dynasty, but i dont think my grandfather would like it very much.

I love the headliner stickers, The headliner in the dynasty is saggin...maybe i should do something like that!
Lol

Whered you get the huge WCC sticker?

Hey Karfer...Bags are for Groceries!! LOL :lol:
Dingo- I got that at Walmart 5-6 years ago for 50 cents! Just waited for the right place to stick it.

another cool trick a friend of mine did was cut out pics of hot rods he liked and used glue to glue them to the inside roof of his 61 ford truck. think of the possibilities with bikes?

kenny you could not have said it any better i am not a bag sorta guy either. neat truck i will post pics of my 63 wagon soon i have done a lot to it. what is the story with the mini bike?

Hey Karfer....I fired up the sawzall. BWAH HAH HAH HA HA!!!!
It's going to be a Drag bike for the Billetproof Minibike Drags in October. Once I get it closer to being finished I will post a build thread.
I just took it for it's maiden voyage tonite,OH MAN! She is gonna be fun :mrgreen:

promini2-1.jpg

love your truck bro
i got a 57 f100 when i saw your truck i taught the grille from a 53-56 would fit the 57 too bad it didnt but that grille made your truck with the business

That is a nice truck even if it is powered by a chevy. I'd rather have the old flathead V8 but that's just me. Also love the headliner but you need a few of those rat rod bikes stickers in there somewhere.

Latest posts

Back