my attempt at a lowrider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... my lack of originality has made me steal this idea from honest abe and kenny p...

but its not finished yet i took this out of my yard and chopped it up

100_0995.jpg

a dash of goodwill purchased moongoose leftovers an a little bit of 1' water pipe, heat, and twisting i found this.....

100_1001.jpg

im am going to put a 24' tire on the rear and replace the 20 thats there now ... but it rides pretty nice took it for bout a 10 mile jaunt this morning seemed to hold up fine ... though the saddle need to be replaced BADLY....

any suggestions... its only metal nothings set in stone ....

100_1005.jpg

Honest Abe said:
Wow, looks good. I guess you figured out your ground clearance issue before I had a chance to reply!

yeah i looked closely at your bike and at kenny p's figured i could still get the low look and raise it a bit by keeping the rear triangle a triangle ... i would be looking over your head a bit if we ever got to ride together but i think i am bout the lowest in this neck of the woods anyway.. for now ...

but when i modify it to run the 24 X 3 on the rear it may drop down a bit in the back .... still love the whole look of your bike its top shelf in my mind

brokeassbuilder said:
very cool idear , im likin those handle bars! good job man

yeah i found that lawn mower handles are the same size as a bikes so i cut of a couple 10" sections tacked a piece of 1/2 conduit to the in side slid it up in the handle bars then ran a bead around the seam a little bit of grinding latter the old bars fit the new lines....

going to start on the chain gaurd next

im glad you said youre going to lower it in the rear when you put the 24 on... it looks real nice with the frame parallel to the ground.

superflygeoff said:
im glad you said youre going to lower it in the rear when you put the 24 on... it looks real nice with the frame parallel to the ground.

yeah i was going for a hotrod style rake but i dont like that line either...
so when i widen the rear i am going to drop it a few inches and level it out

well heres an up date i've been riden this thing like mad while i was waiting for the parts to come in ... but i finally did start getting so mods done today when i got the rear tire ... so heres a few pics

i cut out the rear triangel and added a couple new bars to set it level with the new tire on
panelsadded.jpg

after a test fit i realized i had to have a strong fender or i would be rubbing my back side on the tire ... so this was a left over off my wife higgins cut it and welded it in with a stronger support

fenderson.jpg

shes starting to take shape
rearangle.jpg

i still have a ton of clean up to do
210degree.jpg

and then i can choose the colors
sideshotlongbike.jpg

Wow, I love the look of your bike! Very creative and I admire the forsight that went into it to put all the pieces together at the right angles! That being said, I do however have a concern if you don't mind me saying so. Do you think the back end will be strong now that you've eliminated the triangle shape? It just looks to me like it could fail with an adult rider on it. Don't take what I said the wrong way, I love the bike, just pointing out something that I noticed.

Lookin Good! I can't wait to see it in paint. To comment on Kustom Kreator's post, I don't think you will have an issue. There is a lot more material there now. To be honest, I thought the first rear end might have been a little weak especially when almost all the weight is distributed onto that back wheel. Just adding that sheet metal alone adds a huge amount of strength.

thanks guys.. yeah its starting to come together .. for the weak rear... i was thinking it may be a little too weak,so when i put it together so i filled the lower part of the tri angle with 3/8" steel rod to add some hidden strength and after my rim shows up, if it ever does,(usen my skip tooth 24 for mock up) i am going to add a small fill-in the by the drop outs to add even more ...

yeah still havent quite figured out the paint .. but the gears are turning ... plus i could grind on the "chicken poop" welds on this for about a year before its ready for color..lol

thanks again

(please do say i can use all the imput i can get, positive or not)

its been a while since i have had anytime for bikes but this week seemed to be a chance to get back on the project so here is the new addition

my side car

sidecar.jpg

the co-pilot and I
dignme.jpg
digdig2.jpg
[/img]

how does it ride ?

very nivce setup!

Latest posts

Back