My bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined the forum so I figured i'd put some pictures of my bikes on here. They arent anything special just works in progress but theyre mine and i like them so here goes. The first one is an early 90's 26" Hampton Cruiser that i found in the woods behind my old apartment (probablly some bum's ride). It was pretty messed up with a set of childs BMX handlebars and 2 different sized tires, but i made it functional with parts from another bike i had found in those same woods. I rode it like that for a few years and jsut recently decided to fix it up. I took it all apart, salvaged what i could, stripped it down to bare metal and did some corrosion control and piss-canned it satin black. I'm goin for the standard red and black. I still need to get some proper wheels but am not willing to fork over the money for brand new ones, so i've been scouring the thrift stores and Craigslist. I'm trying to go low budget on it. I did buy some new gullwings and a new stem for it though. Had to get that stuff. Just waiting on wheels and rubber.

l_90716b3e260b4d46b2c352c5287cd240.jpg

l_2f76adf3dbcf4193b04b1e660471823a.jpg

My other bike is my fun bike. I got it in a package deal from a lady cleaning out some of her junk. I bought it and 2 other parts bikes for $30.00. I put some apes and a wide seat on it for comfort. Its just a cheap Mongoose BMX but its fun to ride and it serves the purpose. Gets me to the store to buy beer when i choose to pedal. :lol: I've got another bike frame i'm gonna re-do so it'll probablly end up donating the seat and bars but thats cool, no real loss.

l_b933ffe7704d4cfd9325bab2d523908b.jpg

Well those are it until I get on that other bike; which is an 80's 24" Huffy Cruiser i found in a trash pile. I'm kinda looking forward to that cause its in decent conditon and i have all the parts so it'll be really cheap to build. I'll definatelly do a build post for that one.

Hope yall like 'em 8)

Thanks blkjak. Like i said works in progress. I'll get the first one "finished" and then want to add more to it.

Naw man i'm married with 2 kids (note the quilt, kids rug and knick knacks in the first picture :) ), but the garage is my domain. My man cave so to speak. It does look like i'm single in there though; much to my wife's dismay :wink: My wife hates the recliner but it just won't die :mrgreen:

Hey friend no worries a true rat bike doesnt cost much at all...........So sweet rides and keep on posting when your finished......

Latest posts

Back