My Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sprucemoose said:
light_after.jpg

Dude! You are sump'in with the paint...I noticed that highlight effect on the chain guard... :mrgreen:

Yep. :mrgreen: Thanks!
I distressed the fenders, chaingaurd and light. Basically primer, light sanding, flat black, sanding to expose the primer and some key points of chrome, then clear coat. I'm working on taking it to the next level for the horn tank (which I think will become a bell tank) Thing is, I'm really liking the bike without the tank...

Yea Dude! I live in Michigan...We got hit hard with the thunder storms too!! Dude, the bike looks sick!! :mrgreen:

Thanks man.

The grips were another fiasco like most of my work. On the first attempt only the inside end of the grips stuck, the other half was all loosey goose. So I ended up wrapping the bar with athletic tape (handy stuff), then covered it with some Household Hogar, now they stick.

The wife and I went out for a late night ice cream run and I noticed: 1. I need to get her lights! and 2. My bike is way more comfortable now :p I caught my reflection in a storefront window and it just looks more comfortable. So that's good stuff.

I'm just about down with the bike for now--almost time for kruisin' and maintenance.

Thanks bikeriderx I'm going to have to look into those lights.

Took the new setup for a longer ride along the Skokie channel path then down to Lake Michigan. It was a good time and nice to feel the lake breeze on the second half of the ride. I even had my first spill in a long time! I tried to avoid this little guy on a razor caught some sand and had a slow-mo spill. Tuck and roll my friends... gotta get a crescent wrench in the tool bag to tighten up those fenders after incidents like that one.

newbars_ride.jpg

Cost me 95 bones! But I think it was worth it since its the Nexus 7. It was overhauled and no parts appeared broken, but the coaster would still engage while pedaling forward. So Shimano said the only thing to do was to replace all the internals. So it's like new. However, it seems noisier than before and the shifting doesn't seem quite the same. But it's working and don't mind that sort of light chirp noise. I have the old internals that magically don't work...

thanks.

The front tire/fender is close, but relatively roomy. The back tire/fender is real tight. Where the bracket arms attach to the fender is really tight with the tire. If I knock the fender getting up and down the stairs or after throwing it in the car I'll usually have to push on it to get it centered again. But it does this quite easily so it's not as big of a pain as it sounds.

Re: My Corvette vs a Jag

61jag001.jpg

This one is 4 of July ready, with workman wheels.
mitch

Springer is nice and smoth, abososbs the bumps find. The only thing you have to watch the tank, not to bend it.
Mitch

The Alley Kruise often shows its beauty in its ugliness. And sometimes the ugliness is just UGLY. Yesterday the kruise took me past an alley vagrant talking excitedly towards a dumpster, so naturally I look towards the dumpster. I found a woman, with cigarette, with beer, squatting in very short shorts. I thought those shorts are really too short for her, until I realized her shorts were around her ankles and I was looking at her bare ... as she crapped in the alley, next to a dumpster, in front of a doorway. Sorry gang, no pics. :?

Last week I took the kruiser down this hill:

thehill.jpg

Which doesn't look all that exciting from this angle. But it was. As I climbed up I noticed all the holes and bumps and started to get a bit nervous. It was super fun. I thought I might die, wondered if my fork would stap if I found a hole, then I was on flat ground again--flyin! :mrgreen: It would be nice to build a real klunker and find some serious hills.

reartire_1.jpg

Got some new MKS touring pedals. I like them way better than the cruiser pedals and my feet stick to em a bit better. I think I may be getting a little more speed as a result. I also had to go to a lower sized rear tire (now 26 X 1.95). It's a bummer because the big tires are super comfy. Basically, its a really tight fight with the fender and I would like to keep the fenders. I'm always bumping and re-bending the rear fender and it seems to scuff the rear tire in some spot no matter what I do.

reartire_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back