my first boardtracker/ratrod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Build link is here http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7302
Its been finished for at least a month or more, but it's been the busy season at work, so i've been a slacker about posting.
Pics.
withnorco2.jpg

right.jpg

withnorco2.jpg

rear.jpg

left.jpg

fork.jpg

Went to a local park last night, spent about an hour scouting the perfect location, shooting pics and all, went to edit them this morning, and only the first one turned out.
onhillpark.jpg

The rest look like this;
messed.jpg

Surprisingly, the little vid I shot turned out, trying to upload that now. More to come later.
vid link is here, hopefully; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwa-_crzIM
Some of the custom touches include engine turning of the hand-fabricated aluminum frame insert, chainguard (stripped down to bare metal and clearcoated), and front and rear rim edges.
A late 60's schwinn stingray shifter was mated to the late model 3 speed hub, and a tensioner was added in for adjustments. The frame was cut at the neck to accept a norco eliminator fork (same as the orange bike pictured behind the boardtracker) Yes, both are 26 inch bikes.The rear rim is original to the frame, the front came from another donor bike. The front valve cap is a dice with the 6 facing up, the rear is an 8 ball. 1968 was the year I was hatched, so it ended up being the theme number. lol
The frame was repainted cayenne red and tremclad white, with hand cut and painted flames. Hand made decals were created for the frame insert and 3 speed shifter.The original norco fork decal was masked off to protect it during repainting. The rear fender was pinstriped with vinyl tape, and store bought "Mr. Horsepower" and "Moon" decals were applied, along with some modified pinstripe and address decals from my local performance shop.
The headbadge decal was also hand cut and lettered. The bars came from an old ladies sears bike, polished up, flipped, cleaned up the white grips and recycled them. The seat was liberated from an excercise bike. A red leather belt bought from a 2nd hand store was cut into pieces to hang the frame insert. New bolts were cut to length to secure it to the frame. I get stopped pratically everywhere I take the bike and asked about it, and I make sure I promote this site every time so that other people get to see the great work that you guys do to your rides.
Rick.

Only the first picture came up... But that was enough for me to tell it was one wicked ride! Nice work man! Also I looked at the bike you built with your son... You got some skills. And that's awesome you're passing them on. :mrgreen:

BrigmasterA said:
Only the first picture came up... But that was enough for me to tell it was one wicked ride! Nice work man! Also I looked at the bike you built with your son... You got some skills. And that's awesome you're passing them on. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up Brigmaster, I fixed the photo links, and added the little ride video as well.
(You know you haven't been posting in too long when you forget how to link properly)
Glad to hear you like Mikes chopper, we had fun along the way, and a few disputes as well, but he's learning what it takes to keep a ride rolling.
You're no slouch yourself, i'm digging on the cheapliner myself. Those front ends are impossible to find up here, which is why I ended up using plain jane forks on my 'tracker. Having your work compared to the boys at socal is a sweet compliment, be proud.
Rick

Ok pictires worked. So did the link to the vid. Sweet bike. So is that a maple leaf on the fork? Was that original? Sweet work. I really like how it turned out. What part of Canada do you live in? And thanks for the compliment on my bike. :mrgreen:
My next build I hope to do a little more fabrication work. But this has been a good experience. Having a deadline helped me get my rear in gear to get it done...

NICE bike! Tank plate and guard are exceptional. 8)

Latest posts

Back