My first build on RRB's, Early style track racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Machine Age Victim said:
Great build, now I understand the interest in my buildoff bike! I was contemplating these for my build but I decided against them, they really should end up on yours:

Thanks! I have really enjoyed watching your build progress! I want to do another bike but with a large chain ring like you did! Thanks for the heads up on the grips!!

Carrotsnax stopped by my shop today and I built a seatpost for his Speedwell.
6emejazu.jpg

Sweet work Brian.

Definitely capturing the style of the genre. 8) Your "reversible" handlebar looks like a Westfield/Columbia part to me as well. probably mounted the other way in original configuration.

Love it!! A lot of people make fun of that thruster but I like it, I tried to convince my sister to buy one.

I think its finished other than a little tweaking and seat/post orientation.

The first ride wasn't to bad, its geared a little high for hills but is perfect for flat or slight downhill. My coaster brake works well and the kick back 2 speed is a little touchy. I think I need to spend a little more time on the bike getting use to it. It also does not make tight turns. My knees block the bars for sharp turns unless I orient my legs just right. Its fun to ride, although it seemed strange while riding it. More pictures and info to come.

I need to give a shout out to River city speed for the seat post, its awesome! Also thanks Machine age victim for the heads up on the wood grips!

Latest posts

Back