My first build on RRB's, Early style track racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! Looks awesome! Glad you got it riding. Sometimes (more often than not) what we like to look at is different from what we like to use. That can be said for cars, bikes, motorcycles, etc... It's the whole form over function thing.

Now you need to build a rat like my schwinn! You know you want to! You would the bomb riding around Staunton!

Thanks! I know exactly what you are saying. Its not bad to ride but its just not something I am use to yet. I really enjoyed my ride yesterday, and I think momentarily my vision went black and white. haha I think I may move the seat post up about an inch and I think that will make it a little smoother for me with my long legs.

Well I took her out for a real ride today. I put about 3 miles on it today at my local park and it was better on the longer voyage. I lifted the seat a little and its more comfortable for me. The only mishap was that my handlebars started to slip when I would hit sizable bumps. So I need to address that but other than that no biggie.

So here are some photos form today.

I took my Speedwell to a local bicycle show a few weekends ago and really had a blast. I was afraid people weren't going to understand the bike and what it represented, but it received a lot of acclaim to my surprise! It was fun watching a few people scratch their heads in confusion, trying to figure out what was in front of them.

I also took some pictures of my bike with a beautiful 189(6-7?) Tiger bicycle.

This bike featured a really cool "coaster spoon brake" or a crank back spoon brake. I have seen pictures before, but it was awesome to see one in person.

You Nailed! Your bike that is real sweet. Now I want to build a skinny tired bike. That brake setup on the Tiger is very interesting would be fun to try and make one to actuate a v brake on the chain stays. A freewheel modded for the left side of crank?

I was at the Richmond show. This is the 3 bikes I brought. It was a great show after the rain stopped.
Kenny
img_3258.jpg

I don't believe we met. Maybe next time.
Kenny

Latest posts

Back