My first fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here goes now that the fixie crazy seems to have died down a little round here i thought id give it a go by converting one of the road bikes i had laying around
So far ive got the cassete off and mocked up some flat bars :)

Just need to hack the deraliuer to make a Tensioner and some how get the freewheel off without special tools :S any ideas?
Heres some pics so far sorry for the quality took on my ipod :mrgreen:
6f468148.jpg

e8221cb5.jpg

The seat i plan to use :)
3bbcc349.jpg

Cheers

mmm yeah maybe i just dont trust em as there not horizontal but hey i might get lucky :)
and thanks it in another seat post now and mounted :) most comfortable seat i own :oops:

yup you where right :mrgreen:
did some work in-between school stuffs today.
got the derailleur off shortened and tensioned the chain mounted some grips and a bmx lever.
cb76bbeb.jpg

26657c16.jpg

to do:
*new tires.
* flip flop hub.
*another brake/brake lever.
*paint/wrap forks.
*remove gear change
*maybe new rims.

any tips or advice as far a building goes would be much appreciated :oops:

cheers nick

Looks good Nick :wink:
Nick :mrgreen:

Haha thanks nick :lol:
Took of the fork last night and painted the top lug/crown silver
Main part of the for is being painted black then hopfully makeing a collage/ wraping it with playing cards :mrgreen:
Cheers nick

So are you going to run it as a fixed or a single speed?

If you are loooking for wheels there are pretty nice wheel sets with flip-flop hubs on ebay for about 100 bucks..

Oh and all the cool kids are running retro looking low profile rims nowadays.. the high profile look is pretty much dead :lol:

If you run it as a fixed you wont be needing a rear brake.. atleast not in my opinion. And if you just run a front brake you can cut off all the tabs for cable routing, looks cleaner..

Hehe im doing my beat yo go against the crowed :)
Atm is is single speed but i plan on geting a new flip flop ( can get then for £20) and use the rusty rims for a while :)
Got new tires fpr free :)

If you thread on a freewheel it's considers a single speed but if you thread on a cog then it's a fixie. Just because it's only one speed doesn't make it a fixie. Cool build so far.

Pinche said:
If you thread on a freewheel it's considers a single speed but if you thread on a cog then it's a fixie. Just because it's only one speed doesn't make it a fixie. Cool build so far.
haha yeah i know thanks to Sheldon! :mrgreen: plan on getin my self a flip flop.
so far this build has cost me nothing 8) :mrgreen: but i plan on a flip flop £25 and some cogs £? also need a new front wheel/or a new axle/bearings for it but might be able to do that for free :lol:

almost rideable atm just need to get brakes all working and good to roll :D woop!

Well went for my first ride on this today it was very comfortable and easy :D
Next time i should have some progress on the forks :)

Jusy a quick question what type of glue would you use to stick paper to metal/paint?

Doh!! The weathers been great sunny and warm....but ofcourse the bike uas a fit -.-' front brake cable pulled out as i was going down hill. Scary! :shock:
1c92bfab.jpg

Latest posts

Back