my first frame... "Collapse"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guy, sorry for my very bed english, I'm Italian Boy, I'm 34 YO, married and I have 2 fantastic children (2 and 5 YO).

This is my first custom bike frame, I modified an italian bicycle "ATALA":

I love the strange and exaggerated bicycles,

The aesthetic result is fascinating, like blue color or black pastel, tires WHITE, no front brake, posterior brake to retro pedal , therefore aesthetically free from every cable. front with hub dynamo …. I send you a pair of images: naturally the job is as soon as begun, and it goes to slowly…...... new horizons…

frame.jpg

frame1.jpg

Beppe

pics with new tires

stretta.jpg

and naturally there isn't space in the chassis…. it must increase .....

foto:

divaricatore1.jpg

divaricatore2.jpg

divaricatore3.jpg

divaricatore4.jpg

divaricatore5.jpg

building building building…. start from some thing that exists in order to render it still beautifulr…. indeed, inasmuch as the beauty is relative, in order to render it still more fascinating..

Ciao

Beppe

hi...

I have made the tube that it holds the handle-bar… excuse to me but I do not know as is called in technical terms…

The handle-bar is straight in brass

pipa1.jpg

I have added a tube where the handle-bar is threaded…

pipa2.jpg

I have given two welding points in order to block:

pipa3.jpg

I have controlled the alignments .....

pipa4.jpg

pipa5.jpg

and I have welding.......

pipa6.jpg

a lot of image:

pipa7.jpg

pipa8.jpg

pipa9.jpg

pipa11.jpg

pipa10.jpg

some particular:

pipa12.jpg

pipa13.jpg

pipa14.jpg

Ciao

Beppe

Here the semiended handle-bar, to putty, to polish and to paint:

pipa18.jpg

and this is the job to increase the space (from frame and tire) in the inferior part of the bicycle… now I have 1 milimeter of air between tire and chassis…. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

retro0.jpg

retro1.jpg

retro2.jpg

retro3.jpg

retro4.jpg

retro5.jpg

retro6.jpg

And this is I working in my small garage…. what could make an OPTICIAN like me to welding? A RayBan sunglasses (in this case one copy) and mount 2 welding glasses!!!!

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

Bye

Beppe from Italy

That is a cool bike. I like the tires and seat. Show some pics of the Volkswagen bus hiding in the background. I have a 64 panel van.

BRAVO!! you are an artist with a welder, very nice frame idea AND tire combonation :shock: :shock: looks like a very nice vw bus too :mrgreen:

Your Welding Beads look AWESOME!

very nice work Cold Stretching the frame with that Jig you made.
The Frame design is great.

very nice looking Bus in the background as well :lol:

peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back