my first frame... "Collapse"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, this is my bus:

combi 1967

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

and this is our vw club in Italy

http://www.maggiolinipatavini.it

Bella, Bella!!! Beautiful fabrication work and beautiful VW. I really admire the work on the handlebars.

Beppe, Great job on your bicycle. I like the white tires and the raw, unfinished metal.

DUDE! I LOVE THIS BIKE! ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eccomi....

I have putty some point of the bike to prepare it for the paint job.

stucco01.jpg

stucco02.jpg

stucco03.jpg

Then I had the problem to close the hole remained from the removal of one of the tubes of the origin bicycle, then the other evening a friend has given to me a brilliant idea ..... the Grease nipple, in VW style: “maintenance facility”:

ingrassatore01.jpg

ingrassatore02.jpg

ingrassatore03.jpg

ingrassatore04.jpg

ingrassatore05.jpg

ingrassatore06.jpg

ingrassatore07.jpg

ingrassatore08.jpg

Where I weld my home made VW emblem?...... I have decided to weld it in means to the 2 horizontal tubes:

stemma00.jpg

stemma01.jpg

stemma02.jpg

stemma03.jpg

vw_logo_hitler.jpg

do you like this bicycle?

have you got questinos ? you have some SUGGESTION?

ciao ciao

Beppe

beppe said:
vw_logo_hitler.jpg

do you like this bicycle?

have you got questinos ? you have some SUGGESTION?

ciao ciao

Beppe
have you noticed the svastika in this logo?!? :roll: :| :?

...but the bike is cool :!: (and you didn´t weld a svastika into the frame :wink: )

Yes, I noticed the svastika in this old VW emblem, and I didn´t weld a svastika into the frame. I want take the politics out of bicycle.

The project of this frame have a small history, I try to tell it with my insufficient English:

The idea is to realize, with this chassis, a false historian, that is: If VOLKSWAGEN in years 1938/1940 (in the period of conception of beetle) had decided to plan and to produce a bicycle, as it would have made it?

I have thought to place us the bicycle between the end of 1938 and the first months of Volkswagen Werk G.m.b.h of 1939, still still is not begun the II world-war (begun in the september of the '39) and Volkswagen was engaged in the organization of the neo factory (founded in 1938) that it had to make to leave the production of the beetle in september '39. With to the prototypes of beetle Volkswagen it wanted to dedicate to some resource to the construction of some prototypes of VolksFahrrad that is one popular bicycle. The technical detailed lists of the Volksfahrrad I will illustrate to you more ahead… with "false-original" documents in which they represent some bicyles sketches….

beppe

Latest posts

Back