My first real bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad sent me this picture a while ago (yes thats me in the 1980s get up) and I wanted to put it on here in hopes of someone being able to ID it. I cant remember when I got it, but it belonged to one of my uncles back in the 70s or early 80s. My grandaddy fixed it up and gave it to me. I rode that thing everywhere. I loved it. When I left home for the Navy it was still there, but now its missing. Every time I take a trip back home, I walk around and check all of the sheds and junk piles in hopes of coming across it....but I never have. Anyways, I never took notice of any serial numbers or headbadges, etc. so I was hoping someone on here would recognize what it was and be able to help me out. Hopefully one day it will turn up again. I'd love to clean it up and pass it on to my son. Thanks 8)

19745_1182910735793_1318958814_30491525_6544404_n.jpg

Thanks. Could be...i dunno. Its not a great picture and it just looks like an average old generic BMX to me. I'm really just reaching for straws here. But who knows, someone could say "hey I had one just like that...heres what it is"

Cool topic this.

I used to ride bikes as a kid but alway's with about 50 pre-owners.
my first real bike was a dutch "Benzo" my model was a luxury sport bike from the late 60ties/early 70ties.
I sold it few years later.
it wasn't until a few years back i realized that i should never had parted from that bike.
It had a dark blue frame with gold pinstriping and ivory fenders again with gold pinstriping,
A leather brooks sadle and sturmey 3speed.
God i miss that one! :cry:
I've tried to find some info but no pictures or anything to give me a lead.
Recently i found out that the Benzo factory was located in the same city I know live for 4 years
(a few blocks from my house!).
Should be someone in my city that can tell me something about benzo bicycle's.
Maybe somone who even worked there.

Latest posts

Back