My first three builds from scratch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been wanting to post my builds for a while.... I didn't take pics of progress on the first one..

My 1st.... Build with recycled MT bike frames mostly except the top tube... it was a long piece of scrap I had. I wanted a custom stretch so I built one, I just reused the rear triangle off and forks a Mt bike... So far I have called this on "Scrapper"

IMG472.jpg

This one my Daughter and I cam up with, she wanted a bike like Daddy's.... Call this one "Lil Stretch"
Built this one out of tubing and recycled the rear triangle, It was her idea for a 26' front and 20' rear...
Chain clearance issue... have an idler on the top but not sure for the bottom, may have to squish the frame a bit to clear...

IMG518.jpg

IMG513.jpg

And my current build.... No name yet... I really like the styling of the old straight bar frame, so I am doing a modern straight like design... thinking of a 3-speed on this one with a jockey style shifter... have an old sturmey archer I want to use.... I am gonna make the rear triangle and drop outs on this one.... just recycled the Forks and headtube on this one.. Looking at what size BB shell to get and Sram BB on this one, think I'll use a 3 pc crank I have

IMG521.jpg

Man this is just too much fun!!!! By the way so far all my builds have been less the $50 so far... Nothing like a New Rat...

Great stuff - I'm jealous of your talent!

Latest posts

Back