My great-grandfathers motorized bicycle!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bromfiets.jpg

Picture taken in Jakarta around 1920.

:13::13::inlove::heart::thumbsup::inlove::thumbsup:

Translation-Oh that is awesome and I want one...even though in NC it won't be allowed under the new Moped/Scooter codes-maybe it could have been grandfathered in?

Karl-I don't suppose you're lucky enough to have that bike still kicking around your place awaiting restoration? :39:

Well, i live in Amsterdam and it probably is as illegal over here even if my grandparents had taken it with them to the Netherlands. But it turns out there are lots of those bikes still alive and rumbling well preserved in Indonesia. So my Great grandfathers bike may still be riding around somewhere... They are named Sepeda Ronteng after ¨rountank bicycle¨ and yes, they make a lot of noise! Sepeda Ronteng
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sepeda+ronteng+onthel
For those interested in Indonesia,s Bicycle and Custom culture google: Sepeda Onthel (Sepeda meaning bike and Onthel vintage) And Sepeda Custom.

Well, i live in Amsterdam and it probably is as illegal over here even if my grandparents had taken it with them to the Netherlands. But it turns out there are lots of those bikes still alive and rumbling well preserved in Indonesia. So my Great grandfathers bike may still be riding around somewhere... They are named Sepeda Ronteng after ¨rountank bicycle¨ and yes, they make a lot of noise! Sepeda Ronteng
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sepeda+ronteng+onthel
For those interested in Indonesia,s Bicycle and Custom culture google: Sepeda Onthel (Sepeda meaning bike and Onthel vintage) And Sepeda Custom.
Cool vids!

We gotta get some more Indonesian based rat rodders on RRB!

Latest posts

Back