My GT MTB Collection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For some reason I have been collecting GT's. Auctions, C/L and trading. Right now I have an even dozen Triple Triangle units with 3 being Aluminum framed. The only one being ride-able is a frame that I picked up from the local CO-OP, 20 bucks and I was away with it.
From Free to $35 bucks and even a trade or two.

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

The Single Speed quick build

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

I've always had a sweet spot for those. Never had one fall into my path. Awesome collection and thanks for showing them. One question, which model is the most collectable? Because I'll be on the lookout for a frame my size. Thanks, Gary

I had a newer GT Mountain bike, an Avalanche 3.0 Disc. Really nice bike for the money, but too small for me. The good news is I bought it on sale for around $175 new (almost half off list, I think), had it for 6 years or so, then sold it for $200. Get those bikes rideable and you probably have a gold mine there.

After lining those bike up and snaping the pictures, I have a black GT that a friend gave me and now I cant find it. Not sure if it got stolen or what. I'm at a loss.

for the build up's, i think I'll need a gold mine to restore them. I have one GT with a messed up brake & shifter cable on the seat tube. I need to find another bike to see how the cables run.

I like the GT's too. Nice collection you have. The only one I have is an orange Outpost that I'm fixing. The wheels were no good I've put those of a Raleigh campus that were Orange and the airline style. Do you leave your bikes lined up like that in your yard through the weather or do you have a sheltered area for them?

Part of my storage area is under tarps with the bikes hung on clothing racks from a store. 48 bikes hung up, another 15 in my shed. 10 or so on the back porch and along the back side of the house. Then a bunch on the other side back yard under tarps. 6 to 8 under each one. Most bikes are a basket case and need a lot of TLC. All but 5 bikes are from the 70's to the late 90's. Its a hobby that got out of control, if I see a bike for a low price I'm all over it. Besides I have several guys finding bikes that I buy from them also.

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

Eclipse said:
How many bikes do you have at the moment?
Love your place... bikes all over... that's how I like it!
Me too. Maybe 200. I dont know but close. I do scrap the cheap bikes to make others live.

DougTimme said:
Wow!, just wow. I have one. I bought it new back around '93 or so.

035.jpg

Nice Blue. I don't know why, but I just love the GT's Triple triangle, since then I have found 3 more for the collection.

Latest posts

Back