My "Higgins"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frame for this bike is a Sears Firestone 500(on original chainguard). Date it to around 67' off of the original 3pd Hercules hub. Unable to use that because someone taco'ed the rear wheel.Wish I'd taken a pic! My sister found a free women's bike with a coaster brake that I used for parts (fenders & wheels).Everything on that was frozen solid so I got to rebuild my first hub. After that I rebuilt all my hubs!(for fun). Did a quick rattle can job on it and threw it together.Just cleared fenders.This is what I came up with.....
emsbikes062-2.jpg

Rode it like this for a few months. After I got a womens 3sp AllPro I decided it was time for a change.It's 10x better now.Much more conducive to our hills! Rode it all week to my new job which is only 1.5mi away-last .5 is an old dirt road! I feel like the "road warrior"! :lol: :lol: Well here's the fine gent:
Emsbikes070-1.jpg

Emsbikes068-1.jpg

Emsbikes067-1.jpg

Emsbikes066.jpg

And for my fellow Dodger fans here's the custom reflector:

Emsbikes069.jpg

L8 EM :wink: just checked the pics-sorry my camera is about to s--t the bed! :x :x

Latest posts

Back