(MY) HOODLUM FRIEND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soul-G, I just use Chrome browser on my phone and it works great. Direct uploads of photos, see all notifications, and when the time comes, I can even vote using the Chrome browser.

Anyway, good luck wrapping things up for the year, and looking forward to those 'artistic welds'!

Preliminary rim cleaning shows some promise.
9eb39fe518fadf2b2ee47bb4483a4a40.jpg

aaba81c5a6d5276642e0da9dc96e7c99.jpg

Has anyone ever used one of these Komet Super hubs?
c5df38aa1707e08caf466d6009276671.jpg

b05ea282814bfe417ede4feb9575110c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Komet super is apparently a nice coaster brake, and if it has the drum type brake they are effective and release cleanly. When Sachs stopped making such things a Czech company called Velosteel continued them, and I have about a dozen of theirs on and off my bikes - and I love them. What I do recommend is that you strip it out, clean it up and regrease the bearings and other internal mechanisms - especially the sprocket carrier bearing, as when that goes it can take the rest of the hub with it. They are not complicated, but if left standing for years the grease in there can harden.

ALSO, I'm having issues with tapatalk on my phone. I can't post anything on my phone, which is the most convenient way to play here, I think. Thanks for checking on me, though.

Tapatalk has been disabled on the forum. I've never used it and have always been able to surf, post, and reply from my phones just using any mobile browser.

You can get more details on how to setup a shortcut link in this thread.
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/tapatalk-doesnt-work-anymore.113789/

Soul-G, my brother? Are you singing this song yet?

Any progress?????

Brother Soul-G, got any Soul-Goodness for us to oggle?

Looking forward to some updates on the RAP sheet on this Hoodlum!

1629688556177.png

Latest posts

Back